Buddy’s scoring | Syracusefan.com

Buddy’s scoring

Tobias Funke

All Conference
In our losses Buddy averages 12.4 points. In wins he is a tick above 17 points per game. This includes a 2 point effort in the beginning of the season.

Lots of reasons why this is the case. Certainly floor spacing, his shooting, defensive scheme all play into it. But numbers say we are better when Buddy scores over 17 points.

In our losses Buddy averages 12.4 points. In wins he is a tick above 17 points per game. This includes a 2 point effort in the beginning of the season.

Lots of reasons why this is the case. Certainly floor spacing, his shooting, defensive scheme all play into it. But numbers say we are better when Buddy scores over 17 points.
I also think there is a correlation between Buddy shooting better and his increased time on the court with Kadary. Dude gets everybody better shots, even when it’s not a direct assist.

Atleast this thread isn’t trolling like the guy we all know is going to troll with a thread on this subject tonight or tomorrow.

I also think there is a correlation between Buddy shooting better and his increased time on the court with Kadary. Dude gets everybody better shots, even when it’s not a direct assist.
Whatever. Buddy's shooting 50% over the last 5. The guy that all you people wanted benched because he was only playing due to him being the coaches son.

Ive been critical of Buddy, he earned those 36 minutes today

Hope he keeps this shooting up the rest of the way, if him and Griffin are both hot from outside I like our chances

Buddy got looks off of screens and passes the second half to get into a rhythm and then added a drive and iso play or two. That is a formula for success for him. He did a great job setting his feet today too. It's one of the things that hurts him at times vs a guy like Rautins who was impeccable with getting his feet set quickly and consistently.

The 4-5 minutes he is getting a break makes a difference too.

He played great, earned his minutes and I don't remember too many if any What shot attempts. If that continues awesome, if the stand around don't fight for loose balls version returns he sits. That is what the sane viewer asks for.

Buddy is starting to shoot better from 3

It’s simply a function of taking better shots .. that simple .. when he tries to do too much .. it seems to extend to his taking worse outside shots ...

Shot selection for these shooters is not discussed enough

Look at Griffen .. his entire utility is based on what shots he’s taking ..

You noticed Buddy getting open because the offense was more patient and guys trying to get him open. Griffin and Joe are always looking for shots and not trying to get teammates open. Kadary and Braswell are not just looking to score. There’s actually less options on the floor and teammates have to work harder to free up people. Kicking out offensive rebounds is also helpful.

Remember how he improbably shot about 40% from deep as a freshman in ACC play after barely sniffing 20% up to that point? That should have told everybody what kind of ability he had.
If this was a normal year, I would have expected a break out year from him, but, I think think he;s going to finish up the season in a flourish.

Buddy got looks off of screens and passes the second half to get into a rhythm and then added a drive and iso play or two. That is a formula for success for him. He did a great job setting his feet today too. It's one of the things that hurts him at times vs a guy like Rautins who was impeccable with getting his feet set quickly and consistently.

The 4-5 minutes he is getting a break makes a difference too.
Your point on feet set is a huge one. Buddy's major limitation are his feet. He's not a bad defender but he's a just a tad slow in that quick-twitch moment when there's a loose ball or an opportunity for a steal. He's OK, but the lack of quickness is a bit of limitation.

Offensively, it's exactly what you said. He doesn't have his base under him often when he shoots. Some of this is on JB and the staff and his teammates to run sets that get him open looks. He moves well off the ball and his release is pretty. But he doesn't always have that foundation set and unless you're the steph curry/trae young type, it will get ugly if you're off balance or not getting the full power of your legs.

Agree that a 4-5 min break is nice too but I'm not sure it's quite as big a deal in a single game as it is over the course of a season. Regardless, would agree that if we can comfortably get him a quick breather in games, it's a good thing.

Only if the right mix of players are on the court. He needs Kadary. Joe doesn't open up the court.
He's had open looks all season, his stroke wasn't full on until the last couple of weeks.

He's had open looks all season, his stroke wasn't full on until the last couple of weeks.
True. Still he gets much better looks with a true PG. Watch the second half again. Kadary opens up the whole floor. Guys aren't standing around. Hes special.

You literally make your opinion a fact when it’s simply not a factual statement.
My god stop doing this and just say your opinion without making it like this.
Buddy has struggled with defenders face guarding him. He has made the open clean looks.
He has struggled shooting because defenses key on him.

I swear you troll for no reason.

Just give the kid credit and hope he continues it. When this HC actually recruits another SG before 2023 I’ll believe it.
These posts looking to Crowe back just do nothing.

Buddy was special yesterday give him his credit the season in a whole is a high usage player with medicore results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom