Buddy Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Did he deserve to play 32 minutes tonight?

Is he better than Marius Janulils? I do not believe he is.

Which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement (I liked Marius, for what it's worth).
We need better players.

Buddy would be perfect as a 6th man off the bench.

Unfortunately it looks like he'll have to be our 2nd or 3rd scorer.

I've already seen him play well against good competition. The kid is the least of our problems. His dad should be worried about getting him open. Now he should have played about 25 min last night, but whatever I'm sure his replacement would have shot bricks too.

Last edited:
Buddy’s one of our three best scorers in a game where we only needed 50 points. Hes gonna get minutes. Papa drawing up an offense that his recruits can run is more of a concern to me

No he needed to sit last night.
After watching each game this would be my line up
1: Goodine
2: Hughes
3: Guerrier
4: Braswell
5: Marek.

Huge size for the Zone. Everyone of these guys athletic and all of them capable shooters. Hughes is a natural 2 who in my opinion has been pushed to the 3 to allow Buddy to start. Buddy should be a 10-15 minute player to give Hughes a rest. Braswell has shown that he deserves to play. He has a beautiful shot, hustles, has great length and just needs playing time. Goodine is the only Guard that can get to the rack and shoot. Girard cant drive, Carey cant shoot. They are both are one dimensional. Guerrier can drive and shoot. Hes a natural 3 to small to play the 4. We dont have a center so might as well go with Marek.

Huge size for the Zone. Everyone of these guys athletic and all of them capable shooters. Hughes is a natural 2 who in my opinion has been pushed to the 3 to allow Buddy to start. Buddy should be a 10-15 minute player to give Hughes a rest. Braswell has shown that he deserves to play. He has a beautiful shot, hustles, has great length and just needs playing time. Goodine is the only Guard that can get to the rack and shoot. Girard cant drive, Carey cant shoot. They are both are one dimensional. Guerrier can drive and shoot. Hes a natural 3 to small to play the 4. We dont have a center so might as well go with Marek.

This is just moronic. Did you watch last year? Buddy shot 40% in ACC play. And Guerrier can't shoot. Goodine can't dribble. I'm not sure you know as much basketball as you claim you do.

Buddy needs to play 30 minutes. His decision making and shot selection needs to improve quick though.

This is just moronic. Did you watch last year? Buddy shot 40% in ACC play. And Guerrier can't shoot. Goodine can't dribble. I'm not sure you know as much basketball as you claim you do.
Moronic is what we witnessed last night. I dont care what Buddy shot. Until JB can script plays we need guys that can create. The fact is we have one true PG on this team and hes coming off a stroke. Carey simply cant shoot, Buddy cant drive. Any Moron can see that probably isnt a great starting combination because its so easy to defend. Play off Carey, Play Buddy tight and those two guys are toast. Teams cant do that against Goodine and Hughes.

I thought he did some nice things last night and had some nice shots and plays to the basket (also some awful 3s), whether he's a starter or 6th man is irrelevant. Simply looking at last night we need an offense to get guys open, this standing around, playground launching 3s approach is getting old.

Moronic is what we witnessed last night. I dont care what Buddy shot. Until JB can script plays we need guys that can create. The fact is we have one true PG on this team and hes coming off a stroke. Carey simply cant shoot, Buddy cant drive. Any Moron can see that probably isnt a great starting combination because its so easy to defend. Play off Carey, Play Buddy tight and those two guys are toast. Teams cant do that against Goodine and Hughes.

Buddy was literally the only player who made 2 driving shots last night. I’m pretty sure our offense would be worse without him.

When Buddy gets his feet set he's a good shooter. The catch and shoot was dreadful. But while you're trashing Buddy, WT** did Hughes do out there.

It’s funny because Buddy might’ve been the only guy on the team who drove and scored all night.

Buddy needs to play a solid chunk of minutes for us to have any hope of generating enough offense to win games. But that doesn't mean that he gets a pass for chucking up terrible shots, which he often does.

Our problem is you can’t have Sidibe, Marek and Carey all on the floor at the same time. Teams only have to guard Hughes and Buddy. The other three can’t score. You can’t have spacing and teams can basically faceguard our two wings and we don’t have anywhere to go with the ball. I wish someone would tell Guerrier to get off the three point line and get inside. He’s like a chair on the court. He doesn’t move or screen. This team has to make 14 threes a game to have any chance of winning. UVA is an awful shooting team and they still drubbed us. It’s pretty sad when you give up 48 points and you aren’t even in the game.

I don't think it's possible to score under 34 in a regulation game, but those five guys could give it the old college try.

Two kids who struggle to score + no point guard = trouble.

Braswell I agree with, though.

Look Buddy is a good player who had an off night and had his weaknesses exposed by UVA, it happens. Certainly no need to crucify him but when he's struggling like that, probably doesn't need 30+ minutes. Has to have the same leash as everyone else.

I've already seen him play well against good competition. The kid is the least of our problems. His dad should be worried about getting him open. Now he should have played about 25 min last night, but whatever I'm sure his replacement would have shot bricks too.
Buddy is fine, but when he's building a wall he needs to sit. It has to be bad for morale to watch players lay brick after brick, especially when one of those players is the coach's son, and other guys don't get a chance to play.

Buddy is fine, but when he's building a wall he needs to sit. It has to be bad for morale to watch players lay brick after brick, especially when one of those players is the coach's son, and other guys don't get a chance to play.

I’m more angry Marek played 40 Minutes and Braswell didn’t see a second. That was the true crime.

Shooters shoot. Buddy would be a more than acceptable off guard with an Ennis, MCW, or Flynn. Except they're not walking though that door.

Buddy is one of the least concerning aspects of this team.

I’m more angry Marek played 40 Minutes and Braswell didn’t see a second. That was the true crime.

Oh yeah, I'm right with you.

Marek is a nice role player. He is NOT a 40 minute guy. He should be playing 25. Braswell and Edwards should be seeing 20 between them. Buddy 22-28. QG should play if he gets off the perimeter.

That was such a horribly coached game.

Goodine can't dribble.

where do these talking points come from? I’ll be honest with you. I think he has the best handle out there. Very smooth, fluid motions, and under control. Ever since he had that one turnover where he picked up his dribble, a few people have all of a sudden come to the conclusion he can’t dribble. I don’t see that at all.

Actually thought Buddy had some promising moments off the drive, surprisingly. He had a pretty effective stop and pop after pushing it into the lane a couple times in the first half. Just didn't make the mid range shot in the end. The looks on those were more open than about 90% of our shots. His size makes his driving game possible if matched up against a smaller guard. I get why JB put Goodine in for him in the second half since he was shooting ice cold, but that proved to be even worse to watch.

If Marek plays 40 minutes a game this team will lose more than they win. He just doesn’t bring enough to the table to warrant that much playing time. He plays tough, but he can’t score and his interior defense is bad.

where do these talking points come from? I’ll be honest with you. I think he has the best handle out there. Very smooth, fluid motions, and under control. Ever since he had that one turnover where he picked up his dribble, a few people have all of a sudden come to the conclusion he can’t dribble. I don’t see that at all.
I agree. He brings more to the table than Carey. Carey would be fine in a fast-paced game that is all transition. He has no clue how to play in a half court game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom