Buddy, Indiana and FSU and Nova | Syracusefan.com

Buddy, Indiana and FSU and Nova

ar inj

2nd String
Buddy went down hard in the Indiana game in I think the first overtime. On the replay you could see he got hit in the thigh and was holding his thigh afterwards. He was able to play through it on OT, but since then it looks like he has no lift and is playing on one leg.

Or am I seeing things? And yes I know he gets all the attention from the opposing defense.

Buddy went down hard in the Indiana game in I think the first overtime. On the replay you could see he got hit in the thigh and was holding his thigh afterwards. He was able to play through it on OT, but since then it looks like he has no lift and is playing on one leg.

Or am I seeing things? And yes I know he gets all the attention from the opposing defense.

Agreed, hes definitely banged up

I think the bigger issue is him playing 50 minutes in that game. No way to prove either way, but playing 50 minutes without a breather is just foolish.

I think the bigger issue is him playing 50 minutes in that game. No way to prove either way, but playing 50 minutes without a breather is just foolish.
Yet last year after all the games and all the minutes and at the end of the season he was carrying us. So the idea one game early is the problem doesn't hold much water. Not proof but far more logical especially considering we actually did see his reaction to hitting the floor with his hip.

Yet last year after all the games and all the minutes and at the end of the season he was carrying us. So the idea one game early is the problem doesn't hold much water. Not proof but far more logical especially considering we actually did see his reaction to hitting the floor with his hip.
The cumulative impact on a person's body is a real thing

Oh, and he had a week off before ACC tourny and over a week before the NCAA tourny. That certainly plays a factor. In the last 7 days he's now played 126 minutes. I don't care who you are or how old you are, that absolutely has an impact on the body. Especially the legs. Mind you, the traveling to/from Florda and NYC also doesn't help recovery.

The cumulative impact on a person's body is a real thing
Yes it is. Experience is a real thing too. I have been an athlete my entire life. Injuries always had immediate impacts. Tiredness came slowly. It usually didn't affect me at the beginning of games though. I would put a lot of money on his hip being the culprit here.

Yes it is. Experience is a real thing too. I have been an athlete my entire life. Injuries always had immediate impacts. Tiredness came slowly. It usually didn't affect me at the beginning of games though. I would put a lot of money on his hip being the culprit here.
Very well could be the case. And if it is, why in the world is Jim still trotting him out there 38 MPG? I get that he's their best player but that's absurd to do if he's hurt

Then sit him for longer than 2 minutes especially in a game when he's off.
Spacing.
But the real reason is we literally don’t have a bench this year.
We have 1 reserve for each position as JBA and Chaz aren’t getting PT.

Buddy may not be 100% then restricting his minutes and letting Joe play 2 and using Symir on defense makes more sense.

Then sit him for longer than 2 minutes especially in a game when he's off.
This is what happens when you construct a roster with no depth. Jim has 1 viable guard on his bench, that literally doesn't score. At all. Now he has to choose between playing a struggling Buddy (health or otherwise) 35-38 MPG or give Symir 20+ MPG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom