Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy is Top 5 in NCAA in Made Threes

I’m over it! You win! Loser wears shorts year round.

You started this whole thing by calling people obtuse while writing weird crap like, "half the people thought we'd only win 11 games this year and we're top 25 in offense" That's like me saying, "my Girlfriend said I couldn't make it to the market and back in 15 minutes and I have nice shoes." Who cares.

Now you're complaining about moving goalposts and won't stop with the shorts references even though nobody here gets it. Give it a rest.

Last edited:
Buddy has exceeded all expectations. He's a legitimate 20 point threat in conference as a sophomore. I mean, come on. He's got a shot to be All-ACC this season. He's well ahead of schedule. The evolution of his game to include the driving post up has been enormous for rounding out his ability as a scorer. He can get points now even when the 3 is taken away/not falling. That's huge.

If you want to nit pick his game, I think there are 4 things:

1, he shouldn't be playing 40 minutes (that's not on him).

2, he should have more passion for rebounding and 50/50 balls (this may be linked to 1).

3, he does still huck up bad shots now and again.

4, for how smooth his stroke is from 3, his free throws are an adventure, and he's missed some important ones in big moments that hurt.

That's really the list though as I see it. He'll continue to improve because he's still young and has a lot of growth in him. But considering what he is right now and just how far ahead of schedule that is, I mean... Buddy's doing fantastic.
He is shooting 70% from the FT line. It isn't like he is Steve Thompson there

You started this whole thing by calling people obtuse while writing weird crap like, "half the people thought we'd only win 11 games this year and we're top 25 in offense" That's like me saying, "my Girlfriend said I couldn't make it to the market and back in 15 minutes and I have nice shoes. Who cares.

Now you're complaining about moving goalposts and won't stop with the shorts references even though nobody here gets it. Give it a rest.
Not for nothing, but I have always thought you had nice shoes

Look man, I get that you're training for Gold in the Hyperbole Olympics, but for the rest of us ham and eggers, your aunt isn't exactly parallel parking, you get what I'm saying?

:) He has been phenomenal - I don't dispute that. He truly has. I do dispute the notion that their isn't wiggle room on the PT, or that I can't disagree with it (or that HoWa and Goodine are god-awful players that practice terribly non-stop)

Listen, if I'm playing a video game, and four player options come up on the skill level chart:

Offensive: 9
Defensive: 2

Offensive: 7
Defense: 4

Offensive: 5
Defensive: 6

Offense: 3
Defense: 8

I feel like there is some debate there on which "player" you might choose at times. The fact that some people think the first one is winner because they have access to offensive efficiency ratings on college basketball reference befuddles me. That's all.

"He is shooting 70% from the FT line. It isn't like he is Steve Thompson there"

stevie got himself to the line 160 or so times a season. soph buddy has shot just 33 with his extended play time.

"He is shooting 70% from the FT line. It isn't like he is Steve Thompson there"

stevie got himself to the line 160 or so times a season. soph buddy has shot just 33 with his extended play time.

That’s like saying Buddy has 3 times as many made 3’s this year as Stevie did in his entire career.

Stevie shot about 50% from the line, which clearly was the point.

One of the problems with your analysis is that you are focusing only on FG attempts to determine who the #1 option is. A better metric to look at is a player's usage rate, which also takes FT attempts into account - it gives a clearer picture of who the offense is flowing through. Elijah's usage rate is 25.5% (10th highest in the ACC) and Buddy is at 21.3% (35th in the ACC). Landers Nolley leads the ACC with a 33.2% usage rate.

Our opponents obviously know who #1 is, the slow fans will catch up one day

Girard is having a far better freshman year than Battle. The kid had been excellent. Literally, not 10 ... games...!!
that is a tough argument to sell
top set is tyus, bottom set is jgiii
conference only is the better apples to apples comp except for the fact that the acc was much stronger in 2017 than it is in 2020 . . . which makes it an even harder sell
!!comp.jpg

that is a tough argument to sell
top set is tyus, bottom set is jgiii
conference only is the better apples to apples comp except for the fact that the acc was much stronger in 2017 than it is in 2020 . . . which makes it an even harder sellView attachment 176670
Who has the ball in hi hands and has to run the show. It's not just scoring numbers.

Who has the ball in hi hands and has to run the show. It's not just scoring numbers.
their usage rates are actually similar, 17% vs 20% ... and those tables contain just about everything except raw scoring numbers

hey, i love joe but there's no reason to oversell his strong freshman campaign. especially if you feel the need to diminish tyus' own to do so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom