Buddy rebounded like a man possessed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy rebounded like a man possessed

It's not about being bad - it's about practice. If they could practice like decent players, they'd get decent minutes. They are not very good at practice.

Plus, you think the floor would be open for everyone else if Buddy sat - if Buddy sat we literally wouldn't be able to get a shot off. He opens it all up. It's the threat - same with JGIII, if he sits, what do we do? It becomes irrelevant about spacing and that makes other less valuable. The only way to maximize our ROI is to play the starting guards 40MPG.
I'm convinced.

It's not about being bad - it's about practice. If they could practice like decent players, they'd get decent minutes. They are not very good at practice.

Plus, you think the floor would be open for everyone else if Buddy sat - if Buddy sat we literally wouldn't be able to get a shot off. He opens it all up. It's the threat - same with JGIII, if he sits, what do we do? It becomes irrelevant about spacing and that makes other less valuable. The only way to maximize our ROI is to play the starting guards 40MPG.

Ummm...by“Buddy” do you really mean “Elijah”?

He’s the legit threat on multiple levels.

#35 does one thing well, but he’s not Ray Allen.

Ummm...by“Buddy” do you really mean “Elijah”?

He’s the legit threat on multiple levels.

#35 does one thing well, but he’s not Ray Allen.

No. Elijah is not Elijah without Buddy, he's not getting shots.

Buddy shoots 38% from three - that's quite unheard of in this era. I'm going to assume that percentage goes up to 100% in practice. In addition, after weeks of unsuccessful attempts, on several occasions today, he made it to the rim off the bounce - and, notably, finished.

You factor in OiG's point about the monster rebounds, and I just don't think we survive by rotating him out of the lineup. Spacing. This team just doesn't have that kind of juice without him. Our best chance to win is to play him 40MPG. Spacing.

So, perhaps not Ray Allen, but I think you forgot to add the "YET," because he's close.

Ghost has started this sarcastic thing on all his posts that apparently will keep up all season.

Nope! I'm going to take a night and buy into the 40MPG thing, try it on, and see how it feels.

So I will be that guy.

North Florida bombed away creating a ton of long rebounds. He got a lot more than usual. Awesome.

Stil not someone who loves seeing Buddy playing more than 28-30 mins a game.

He got them. They all counted. Traditional shooting guards get the fewest rebounds in the line-up and most of what they get are the long ones.

2 of Buddy's 6 rebounds were intentionally tipped to him by Dolezaj. So, maybe it's actually Marek who reads the board & is just an all-around great guy for not wanting his teammate to take heat. Either way, this board has & will always have a direct impact on our players' performances & I will never be convinced otherwise :cool:

He got them. They all counted. Traditional shooting guards get the fewest rebounds in the line-up and most of what they get are the long ones.

Good luck. This is hard for people to understand.

We need to team rebound the player who is contesting the shot is the only person who is not crashing the defensive boards.

I noticed watching last night's game that BB plays the game a lot like I do......well, I can't hit from 3 or really get into the lane with the ball, like ever, but what I mean is he seems really slow reacting to loose balls.

Some posters have said he's lazy or he doesn't get on the floor...yada yada. I don't think that's true at all. I just think he's slow to process and react to the loose ball, whether it's a long rebound, a ball that someone has mishandled or whatever. Just like me he see's it....think's (i) hey loose ball, (ii) I should go after it, and (iii) goes after it. Whereas more "athletic" guys are able to skip process (ii) and the creme of the crop skip (i) and (ii).

This situation is awkward for Jim and Buddy. Everything will be over analyzed. Just saying. Buddy is a three point gunslinger and will always be drifting deep. Is what it is.

He must read the board. We're helping!

I guess he doesn't get called out for that in public by Dad when many other players have been in the past for zero boards

2 of Buddy's 6 rebounds were intentionally tipped to him by Dolezaj. So, maybe it's actually Marek who reads the board & is just an all-around great guy for not wanting his teammate to take heat. Either way, this board has & will always have a direct impact on our players' performances & I will never be convinced otherwise :cool:
But Buddy also should have been credited with one more rebound, because a NF player fouled Marek before Buddy was credited with the board.

I believe if a missed shot is clearly and intentionally tipped to a teammate who controls, the official scorer has the discretion to award the rebound to the player tipping the ball.

I believe if a missed shot is clearly and intentionally tipped to a teammate who controls, the official scorer has the discretion to award the rebound to the player tipping the ball.
I think that is a NBA rule

I guess he doesn't get called out for that in public by Dad when many other players have been in the past for zero boards

JB has tended to complain when players who's #1 job is to get rebounds don't. Rebounding is not Buddy's #1 job.

On the subject of Marek intentionally tipping rebounds, there was a play in the 2nd half where he brilliantly directed an offensive board to Sidibe, who wasn’t looking, & it sailed out of bounds. It wasn’t a rebound he could’ve grabbed & the split-second presence of mind to direct it with one hand was impressive. Should’ve been a dunk.

Okay, back to Buddy. Instead of “Elf on the Shelf”, it’s “Buddy on the Boards”. Will Ferrell ties it all together.

EDIT: & of course the hustle of “Marek on the Deck”

“Goodine on the Pine”

F52E67DD-3C84-48DD-B1A5-0DFDAAF8185E.gif

Last edited:
I noticed watching last night's game that BB plays the game a lot like I do...well, I can't hit from 3 or really get into the lane with the ball, like ever, but what I mean is, he seems really slow reacting to loose balls.

I think you could have just written that. ;)

He's slow, but spacing. He really opens up the court, and his defense is improving and will continue to do so. Once he becomes athletic - watch out ACC in March.

On the subject of Marek intentionally tipping rebounds, there was a play in the 2nd half where he brilliantly directed an offensive board to Sidibe, who wasn’t looking, & it sailed out of bounds. It wasn’t a rebound he could’ve grabbed & the split-second presence of mind to direct it with one hand was impressive. Should’ve been a dunk.

Okay, back to Buddy. Instead of “Elf on the Shelf”, it’s “Buddy on the Boards”. Will Ferrell ties it all together.

EDIT: & of course the hustle of “Marek on the Deck”

“Goodine on the Pine”

View attachment 174514
Solid post. Layered. Hard to do. People won't realize just how intricate what they read really is.

This thread is really good stuff. I can appreciate the sarcasm and humor surrounding it.

You know what? It’s the holiday season and I’ve accepted what our team is. I’ll continue to hope for the best outcomes but the losses will be likely plentiful (relatively). Looking forward to some shoot outs though.

That being said, 3 guys played 40 minute against north Florida. North Florida!

and just to be clear we're talking about North Florida. the Ospreys vs Syracuse Orange at home .
and we can't afford to sub ? let that sink in.

It sounds like a bad joke.
And you may ask yourself, "Well... how did I get here?"

Just a completely maniacal determination to clean the glass today out of Buddy. You're welcome. My "0 rebounds" thread provided him the proper motivation it appears.

The fact that the backcourt didn't have a substitution the entire game is absolute insanity though.

Being he played like he was possessed, will you strike down any man walking toward the court dressed like he's about to perform an exorcism?