Buddy with a career-high 16! | Syracusefan.com

Buddy with a career-high 16!

Really wish we could’ve had a player like him on that 2014 team

Last edited:
I absolutely agree he is a big plus to this team and seems to be getting some solid time on the floor. He still gets caught out of position on three point shooters but has improved since early in the season

giphy.gif

I absolutely agree he is a big plus to this team and seems to be getting some solid time on the floor. He still gets caught out of position on three point shooters but has improved since early in the season

He is still getting acclimated to the speed of this level. What he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for with his basketball IQ. Hopefully his release gets even quicker and he gets even more looks from deep.

He is still getting acclimated to the speed of this level. What he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for with his basketball IQ. Hopefully his release gets even quicker and he gets even more looks from deep.
He is Larry Bird, I think.

With the number of outside shooters on this team, he’ll be the only one the other team needs to guard

With the number of outside shooters on this team, he’ll be the only one the other team needs to guard
Hughes has made shots too. Those two guys together knocking down shots opens up everything for us and allows tyus n ob to attack which is what they are best at.

Tbh, I’m surprised he’s been able to shake off those early season jitters and shoot it as well as he has. I thought it’d take a year. And he’s probably getting his name on the scouting report now.

I also spent nearly every possession watching him defensively. I don’t think he gave Bowman an open look the entire game. I’m even more surprised at how active and disruptive he has been at the top of the zone.

But...the play that I loved best was a simple pass he made leading Battle on a leak out after he picked up a loose ball on the defensive end. He “threw him open”.

Tbh, I’m surprised he’s been able to shake off those early season jitters and shoot it as well as he has. I thought it’d take a year. And he’s probably getting his name on the scouting report now.

I also spent nearly every possession watching him defensively. I don’t think he gave Bowman an open look the entire game. I’m even more surprised at how active and disruptive he has been at the top of the zone.

But...the play that I loved best was a simple pass he made leading Battle on a leak out after he picked up a loose ball on the defensive end. He “threw him open”.
His defense has improved a lot. He still gets burned when he’s flat footed and a guard gets a head start, but he should improve over time with his lateral agility.

Much better than I anticipated.

He has more hoops iq in his pinky than the rest of the team, outside of Tyus and Marek, does combined and he has a better handle than I expected. His ceiling is going to be determined by how explosive and athletic he can get in the offseason. Unfortunately he might not have much room for improvement there.

Hughes has made shots too. Those two guys together knocking down shots opens up everything for us and allows tyus n ob to attack which is what they are best at.
Tyus? That’s the other thread where he’s in the NBA d leagues g league Europe china etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom