Buddy with a career-high 16! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy with a career-high 16!

Tbh, I’m surprised he’s been able to shake off those early season jitters and shoot it as well as he has. I thought it’d take a year. And he’s probably getting his name on the scouting report now.

I also spent nearly every possession watching him defensively. I don’t think he gave Bowman an open look the entire game. I’m even more surprised at how active and disruptive he has been at the top of the zone.

But...the play that I loved best was a simple pass he made leading Battle on a leak out after he picked up a loose ball on the defensive end. He “threw him open”.

Second half, Bowman scored 2 3's in Buddy's face (one around the 15 minute mark and one just before the 12), and Chatman got one as well. His defense was good, but he saw a few three pointers made that were his responsibility for sure.

Okay, so this is NOT a complaint about Buddy. This is about JB. And I'm not saying this is nepotism. In reality, it's likely because of the time and score in the game vs. the last, but did anyone notice JB's reaction near the end of the game when Tyus passed to Hughes in the corner and it went out of bounds? Very different reaction than the last game when Buddy looked away and missed a pass that went out of bounds right in front of JB. Thought for sure I'd see more posts on that one.

Something, something, nepotism.

I understand the nepotism angle, but Buddy is playing better than any other alternatives; therefore, he deserves the minutes.

I missed on Buddy. I, like others, thought he would be warming the bench once the ACC games started. His anticipated shooting touch was not there. His defense was lacking. His improvement has been exceptional and I'm very happy to admit I was wrong with him.

7 regular season ACC games left and SU is underdog in all but the WF game according to ESPN. Buddy will be needed to help the team win at least 2 of the 6.

He is as athletic as Frank
Buddy is a basketball player. SU has in my opinion placed way to much emphasis on recruiting athletes vs basketball players. We need more players like Buddy. Girard is another basketball player that we are adding. Lawrence Moten our all tine leading scorer wasnt "athletic" but he sure as heck could play ball.

Buddy is a basketball player. SU has in my opinion placed way to much emphasis on recruiting athletes vs basketball players. We need more players like Buddy. Girard is another basketball player that we are adding. Lawrence Moten our all tine leading scorer wasnt "athletic" but he sure as heck could play ball.
Pearls had a 2 inch vertical.

I understand the nepotism angle, but Buddy is playing better than any other alternatives; therefore, he deserves the minutes.

It was a joke. Many have said he's only here because of who his father is. He's earned his minutes.

It was a joke. Many have said he's only here because of who his father is. He's earned his minutes.

I know you were joking, but I hear it all the time. Buddy is earning his stripes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom