Buddy | Syracusefan.com

Buddy

MikeSU02

Living Legend
I don't have a deep knowledge of Buddy's abilities outside of him being able to shoot and performing pretty well at EYBL.

If we need to rely on Elijah to play guard and forward, is Buddy good enough to be in the rotation his frosh year? Is he a 10-15 mpg guy?

This assumes Battle is gone.

I'll be very curious to see how JB coaches him in games.

The entire thing will be fascinating to watch. The irony of the Bazley bombshell is that Buddy was probably the biggest beneficiary -- with no other forwards on the bench, he moves up from 9th man to 8th man (and obviously JB has never been a 9-man rotation guy in the past). The OP's "10-15 minutes" question is actually right in the ballpark of what I was also thinking now realistically possible after Bazley's idiotic decision--with Battle's assumed departure, we will need Buddy's shooting prowess.

Last edited:
From his tapes Buddy is a great shooter and is the type of guard that often gives us fits on midmajors. If he was more athletic he’d be a high major recruit. It’s his main limitation.

I think he gets 7-12 mpg, and only because Hughes will get some minutes at a forward spot now.

With bazley, I figured between 5-7.

If we get another forward (which we better), I'll have to reevaluate. Right now he's our fourth guard, with the assumption HW takes a shirt.

People who've watched him - any chance he can play the 3 or would he get bullied too much on the glass?

People who've watched him - any chance he can play the 3 or would he get bullied too much on the glass?
Id like to see him side by side with MD. I really think he’s going to be the class gem.

What if buddy shows out like Lydon and is gone in 2 years. Does JB retire early?
Coach Autry...Coach Autry please pick up the red courtesy phone...

so you think he could play the 3 as a frosh?
In a pinch yes. But I look at it as we have 3 guards, 3 forwards and 2 centers. I’m VERY concerned about the 5 now

In a pinch yes. But I look at it as we have 3 guards, 3 forwards and 2 centers. I’m VERY concerned about the 5 now
Rick jackson would be a perfect addition to this team.

A third big, who can play the four and five, and also score in the post.

That's exactly what this team needs. We need another 4 man. Badly. We just lost two!

Have a friend who has watched Buddy his entire career who knows his hoops. He said he’s more athletic than Rautins fwiw.
I think his skill level will surprise many as well.

Have a friend who has watched Buddy his entire career who knows his hoops. He said he’s more athletic than Rautins fwiw.
Hope his Bball and shooting is similar to Rautins.

Don't care too much about athleticism from the team's 9th man.

JB is loathe to go small at the 3 (see: Andrew White as a 2 for a month ugh). It will be enough to put Hughes there. I don’t think Buddy plays a minute at the 3 but I could be wrong.

If Bourama comes back healthy, we're fine - if not then obviously yes, we need someone else... but as per Dean's pod, what quality grad xfer (or even recruit for that matter) is going to come here to likely be the 3rd center, or be behind both OB and MD at the 4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom