Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I can’t even bring myself to listen to WGR today.

I went home and watched Office reruns until I passed out.

Checked the Pats/Ravens score on ESPN and the main pic was of Hopkins catch so I immediately closed that window and just googled the score.

I can’t listen to people discuss the game yet. I heard Nate Geary was harping on Allen’s picks in the postgame and I would’ve lost it had I heard that take.

Which, side note, Gabriel Davis is not there yet... dude needs to body out far better. That pick was an embarrassing effort by him.

When healthy, our WR unit is elite, but I still maintain we should draft a speed WR early. Without John Brown healthy, the explosive drop off is really noticeable.

Geary is a tool. If AZ had lost, would anyone have ripped Murray for his INT?

also, serious question...does Hopkins have Marfan’s Syndrome or something? Those hands are freakishly large.

with 11 seconds left and no timeouts, why not put like 4 LBs on the ends of the "defensive line", noone in the middle (take all your slow guys out), and blitz all four around the end (don't think the 5 down linemen can split that wide)...this forces the QB to go forward and you can protect the end zone and the sideline with the other 7 guys? worst case Murray scrambles for like 10 yards and gets OOB and another play left?

with 11 seconds left and no timeouts, why not put like 4 LBs on the ends of the "defensive line", noone in the middle (take all your slow guys out), and blitz all four around the end (don't think the 5 down linemen can split that wide)...this forces the QB to go forward and you can protect the end zone and the sideline with the other 7 guys? worst case Murray scrambles for like 10 yards and gets OOB and another play left?
Mario Addison could have bottled that play up but completely screwed the defense over by going for a splash play to end the game. He’s plenty athletic to chase Murray and force a tougher throw.

Hughes against Wilson forcing the pick last week is what he should have been doing to Murray.

Of course, Hopkins should never be allowed to catch that, but Addison, from jump, started the break down of that play from a defensive perspective.

Mario Addison could have bottled that play up but completely screwed the defense over by going for a splash play to end the game. He’s plenty athletic to chase Murray and force a tougher throw.

Hughes against Wilson forcing the pick last week is what he should have been doing to Murray.

Of course, Hopkins should never be allowed to catch that, but Addison, from jump, started the break down of that play from a defensive perspective.

It was not a great job of contain by our D-line most of the game. We missed at least 5 or 6 sacks or TFL's against Murray on Sat. Agree about Addison, no idea what he was thinking there. So many mistakes on that play.

Picked Miami to cover in my pick em league but of course wishing for an L
I hear ya... I also think Miami will win, they just seem destined to force a Week 17 showdown for the division given their unorthodox way of constantly winning games, with Buffalo out here losing the one game lead on a Hail Mary.

44CBA17B-018A-4EB3-B5F6-8BD39A807339.gif

I called the int a minute before it happened. Wife asked how I knew, I said Fitz - int - over the middle.
if i need to get a ball from the 20 to the 20...Fitz is my guy...

This is somewhat misleading... it’s true that they’ve scored quite a bit with special teams and turnovers ... but those two things also lead to fewer possessions and shorter fields ... so of course they’re going to have fewer offensive yards ...yards per play isn’t as obviously effected however its not unrelated .. more difficult to pull off chunk plays on a short field ... and also less likely to go for riskier , bigger plays if you’ve got a big lead due to points scored via special teams and D...

Having said that .. Miami isn’t as good as they’ve looked