Buffalo Restaurants | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Restaurants

This will sound sacrilegious, but I'm really not that big a fan of Buffalo pizza (too doughy most of the time). I mean it's definitely not bad, but I prefer a good New York style pie, of which the options are few around here. That said, the cup and char pepperoni is amazing. I also live around the corner from Bocce and they are very good.
I'm 100% with you on Buffalo pizza being average and too doughy. The grease cup pepperonis are good though.

Anyone here ever eat at Daniela? Went there a decent amount when I lived in Elmwood Village but hadn't been in a while before getting takeout from there on New Years Eve. Forgot how good it was.

The Cajun honey butter bbq wings piqued my interest as well
Hands down, the best wings I’ve ever had, and it’s not particularly close. Bar-Bill hand paints each wing, rather than drenching them in sauce, so as to keep them as crispy as possible.

Public Espresso is awesome - great coffee and food/baked goods. The aroma is insane.

I had heard many good things about Wingnutz, and tried it for the first time tonight. The wings did not disappoint.

The joint is owned by a husband and wife team, and they rent out a kitchen in a local Knights of Columbus. They’re only open one night a week. Wings are huge and super crispy.

The barstool crew gave them huge publicity this past year.

If you’re in the area, I highly recommend.

Last edited:
I had heard many good things about Wingnutz, and tried it for the first time tonight. The wings did not disappoint.

The joint is owned by a husband and wife team, and they rent out a kitchen in a local Knights of Columbus. They’re only open one night a week. Wings are huge and super crispy.

The barstool crew gave them huge publicity this past year.

If you’re in the area, I highly recommend.

Oh wow literally down the street from my work and I've never even heard of it. Going to have to check it out.

This will sound sacrilegious, but I'm really not that big a fan of Buffalo pizza (too doughy most of the time). I mean it's definitely not bad, but I prefer a good New York style pie, of which the options are few around here. That said, the cup and char pepperoni is amazing. I also live around the corner from Bocce and they are very good.
I've tried so hard to like Buffalo pizza since moving here. Dying for a good New York slice.

I've tried so hard to like Buffalo pizza since moving here. Dying for a good New York slice.
I used to like you.

Edited: not sure where you live, but if you want a New York-style slice, try Zetti's, on Millersport (across the main entrance to UB). I've heard that Olisi's in Tonawanda is good, also.

Last edited:

Like samspann1 said, Zetti's and Olisi's are both good. Gino's in University Plaza and in the Elmwood Village is also good. Unfortunately, that's about it that I know of. I'm sure there are a few others.

Like samspann1 said, Zetti's and Olisi's are both good. Gino's in University Plaza and in the Elmwood Village is also good. Unfortunately, that's about it that I know of. I'm sure there are a few others.
Gino's looks good and it's real close to my stepson's place.

Gino's looks good and it's real close to my stepson's place.

I used to order from the Elmwood Village location all the time when I lived in the neighborhood. It was the closest I could find to what I was used to in Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom