Buffalo Sabres 2022-23 Thread | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Sabres 2022-23 Thread

Team is looking improved, and they might have some goaltending again.

I hoped for 85 points going into the season, and I think they might go above that.

Pushed my flight back an extra day to go to the game Monday night and was rewarded with an 8 goal outburst. Another spectacular game tonight. Give up a ppg 8 seconds into the 3rd to go down 3-1 and respond with 5 straight. Absolutely love this squad.

Great great start. Just have to maintain consistency which is what good teams are able to do and difficult especially with a young team. Very fun team to watch right now, the youth and skill is everywhere and is also on display in Rochester again this year.

TIL that Wayne Primeau’s daughter (and Keith’s niece) plays for the SU Women’s Ice Hockey Team.

Big game tonight.

Bet it'll be fun AF to be in the arena (wish I could attend).

But alas, I've got to miss the first period for a youth sports parents/coaches meeting.

What. A. Game.

Eichel was Eichel - supremely talented and deadly AF.

Wish the Sabres D wasn't so banged up; they could've used Jokiharju and Samuelsson (especially Samuelsson's physicality).

Tage Thompson has really turned a corner as a scorer. Tuch is my family's favorite Sabre and we were a little disappointed; he seemed to have an off night.

Hope they snap the losing skid soon although the Bruins are equally hot/dominant as Vegas has been.

Sabres are having a night.
That was awesome. Up to 5 guys now averaging over a ppg. Think we've only had Jack do that in the past decade plus.

The forward group is outstanding from both a talent and depth perspective. Even with Granato continually dressing Mittlestadt and Oloffson.

Now to just find a decent goalie and improve the defensive group...

So the playoff push is pretty much over? I must've jinxed 'em when I got espn+ this month.
I don't know enough about hockey to tell if they're not playing well or just getting out Goalie'd but losing to these crappy teams can't be good.

So the playoff push is pretty much over? I must've jinxed 'em when I got espn+ this month.
I don't know enough about hockey to tell if they're not playing well or just getting out Goalie'd but losing to these crappy teams can't be good.
5 points behind so they're not done yet.

They're in a bad funk of mediocre goaltending (goalies giving up soft goals at awful times) and sloppy blue line play.

They hit a lot of iron last night (thought Tuch won it but hit the post) too.

They may scrap back into it depending on how they resolve their goalie situation.

You know what they say...If you have 3 goalies, you don't have 1!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom