Build Your 2019 Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Build Your 2019 Schedule

For those putting FSU early in schedule, that may not be a good idea as the heat and humidity will still be pretty bad at that time. FSU after Mid-Oct would be the best.
Nothing was hotter than when we played them
At home it was 100000% humidity it was a sauna .

If the game is played in week three, I think Game Day is a given. That is the pro.

If you look at it from the perspective of improving our chances of getting wins, it would be best to play someone like Florida State, Duke, NC State or BC early.

I would really like to host a Game Day. Give the students that exposure. It could get them more invested in the program.

With the Dome reno project happening, and with how any project seems to run long, time-wise, I'm thinking it's going to be either @ FSU, or a bye -
to buy us another week to get things wrapped up at the Dome before a game is played there.

Getting Clemson early is a double-edged sword - yes, it would almost certainly be a Game Day
(but so would a game vs them in October, if we get the bye week earlier, or even better -
beat FSU, which is doable, since they still don't have any O-Line).
And they have an entire new D to break in, losing 7 starters to the NFL Draft.

But -we have a new QB and O-line parts to break in also, so maybe giving our crew more time to gel before facing Clemson might be a good idea.

With the Dome reno project happening, and with how any project seems to run long, time-wise, I'm thinking it's going to be either @ FSU, or a bye -
to buy us another week to get things wrapped up at the Dome before a game is played there.

Getting Clemson early is a double-edged sword - yes, it would almost certainly be a Game Day
(but so would a game vs them in October, if we get the bye week earlier, or even better -
beat FSU, which is doable, since they still don't have any O-Line).
And they have an entire new D to break in, losing 7 starters to the NFL Draft.

But -we have a new QB and O-line parts to break in also, so maybe giving our crew more time to gel before facing Clemson might be a good idea.
depends whether acc wants to schedule any byes in week 3 if everybody plays we playing clemson

If they are both undefeated going into that game I like the chances it will happen in October especially if Devito comes out strong
After thinking about it and ping some research, I agree. I think the ACC doesn’t want the most important and awaited divisional matchup happening so early in the season.

The game between FSU and Clemson has been played in late October or early November for at least the past 4 years. This is surely not an accident.

If I were the ACC schedule maker, I would look at placing Syracuse in this slot instead of FSU in 2019. You have to try and get the best matchups later in the season, when they have more meaning. FSU can play Clemson in late September/early October, where Syracuse has been playing the Tigers recently.

It will be harder to stay in the top 25 (hopefully higher), and stay in contention for hosting Gameday with the game later in the season, but I think it is in the best interests of the conference to schedule the game relatively late in the season. We should know for sure in a couple of weeks.

After thinking about it and ping some research, I agree. I think the ACC doesn’t want the most important and awaited divisional matchup happening so early in the season.

The game between FSU and Clemson has been played in late October or early November for at least the past 4 years. This is surely not an accident.

If I were the ACC schedule maker, I would look at placing Syracuse in this slot instead of FSU in 2019. You have to try and get the best matchups later in the season, when they have more meaning. FSU can play Clemson in late September/early October, where Syracuse has been playing the Tigers recently.

It will be harder to stay in the top 25 (hopefully higher), and stay in contention for hosting Gameday with the game later in the season, but I think it is in the best interests of the conference to schedule the game relatively late in the season. We should know for sure in a couple of weeks.
Depends on acc network too some big games are going to go to accn.
After non conference acc conf matchups I have are :
Clemson-syracuse
Fsu-virginia
Vt-miami

With no byes. My thoughts are ESPN will use 2nd bye week to give teams playing Thursday games the week prior off. As for fsu clemson I have it in late October I believe

FSU and Clemson are the only 2 games on the schedule where the athletes on the other side are head and shoulders above us.

That in mind, I would rather get FSU early than Clemson because I think FSU has a chance to have their “stuff” together late in the season, but may still be a work in progress early.

Clemson brings most back other than D line, which means they should be good early.

i would think,since all non fcs games have dates set with miami @ fiu is set for 11/23, that good chance the schedule comes out thursday or friday this week which gives me more time to ponder whether i want clemson on 9/14 or 10/5 or 10/12

update my final version is done and clemson game ended on on 10/5.

@ Liberty
@ Maryland
Bye week
Western Michigan
Holy Cross
Clemson
@ NC State
Bye week #2
Wake
@ Duke
Pittsburgh
@ Fsu
@ Louisville
Boston College - friday since were due to have friday thanksgiving week game as almost every other matchup has been

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom