Build your SU team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Build your SU team

Going with:

PG: Sherman Douglas ($4)
SG: Dion Waiters ($2)
PF: John Wallace ($4)
SF: CJ Fair ($2)
C: Roosevelt Bouie ($3)

Coleman (because I don’t want an SU team that doesn’t have Coleman)
John Wallace
Rosie Bouie
Waiters
McNamara

A couple of things. Bing is criminally undervalued at $4, but there are no centers for under $3 and nine of the ten $2 and $1 guys are guards, so you’re sort of forced to spend big money to build out your frontcourt and go cheaper in your guards.

Last edited:
C - Wallace ($4)
F - Anthony ($5)
F - Fair ($2)
G - Waiters ($2)
G - Carter-Williams ($2)

The best possible zone defense at the top of the zone and 4 of the 5 guys can create their own shot. Waiters is the only player without Final Four experience on this roster.

My $7 bench to get the Boeheim 8 man rotation

C/F - Warrick ($3)
G/F - Moten ($3)
CG - Devendorf ($1)

Screw the dollar amounts. I'm spending $12 and taking two dudes that didn't make the list so they cost nothing.

I'm taking Etan at center, DC at power forward, Melo at small forward, Andy Rautins at the 2 and MCW at the 1 and we're destroying EVERYBODY. Nobody is stopping us from scoring, nobody is scoring on us, and nobody's getting a rebound off us. Also, have fun when we decide to press and you think you broke it and have a little daylight just to have Etan jam your shot down your throat.

Screw the dollar amounts. I'm spending $12 and taking two dudes that didn't make the list so they cost nothing.

I'm taking Etan at center, DC at power forward, Melo at small forward, Andy Rautins at the 2 and MCW at the 1 and we're destroying EVERYBODY. Nobody is stopping us from scoring, nobody is scoring on us, and nobody's getting a rebound off us. Also, have fun when we decide to press and you think you broke it and have a little daylight just to have Etan jam your shot down your throat.
andy & mcw at the top of the zone is a no-brainer

andy & mcw at the top of the zone is a no-brainer
You've got playmaking like crazy and guys that actually looked to, you know, pass inside. And did it successfully.

Sure, MCW doesn't give you much shooting, but do you care? DC and Melo are getting most of your buckets.

Kohl's 1

A lot of people would have went TJ Maxx at point guard but I like that pick.

1586172222493.jpeg

Bouie, bing, and Owens are my first three as I think they are the best values.

i round out my second forward w hack and my pg w mac.

I feel like this one would just smother everyone in defense, steals and rebounding. Then have GMAC run around and shoot open threes

Center - Christmas
Forwards - DC/Owens
Guards - MCW/GMAC

Melo PF
DC C
CJ Fair SF
MCW PG
GMac SG

Based on the choices provided, this was the exact lineup I came up with. I would like to slightly cheat and swap out Fair for Wes Johnson, Andy Rautins, or Andrew White though.

I disagree with Seikely on the $5 line and Bing on the $4 line, but here's mine.

Bing
Owens
Bouie
Warrick
Gmac

C: Derrick Coleman $5

PF: John Wallace $4

SF: Tyus Battle $1

SG: Greg Kohls $1

PG: Sherman Douglas $4

For me, the foundation of any team has to be DC and the General.

Bouie, bing, and Owens are my first three as I think they are the best values.

i round out my second forward w hack and my pg w mac.
Same as me. I promise I didn't look at yours first. I couldn't pass on the value of both Bing and Owens at $4 that allowed me to get Hak's post scoring and Bouie's rim protection. GMac helps my shooting and I always thought he was an underrated passer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom