Building back a program is not a straight line | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Building back a program is not a straight line

That leaves holes in the depth in the following years.

True for the grad transfers, and not for the jucos who fill holes in the roster. The DEs are examples - replacements for Ealey, Sheperd, and Nelson.

As the roster sets up now, we don't lose a lot of seniors in this cycle and are building depth. And, still might want to go juco for the right additions. Like what Babers is doing in looking to all sources to give us a better roster.

Sometimes. But in this case a lot of the JUCO guys are 3 year guys. Grad transfers don't hurt.
I kind of was thinking specifically of of Ishmeal and Custis and how much further along the offense would be this year if Amba hadn't come.

I kind of was thinking specifically of of Ishmeal and Custis and how much further along the offense would be this year if Amba hadn't come.
Not sure I follow that. The offense was good last season only because of Amba. Custis was sidelined by injury. What we need for 2018 is the best available juco or grad transfer WR to give Dungey a weapon. Younger receivers can develop as the 4th or 5th option - don't see any on the current roster who are ready to step in as the #1.

He turned down an SEC school for this job ;)

We are in a different world today than we were then. And his Syracuse results count and will change perception of him. Again not a knock on him, just the reality of the situation

Do you honestly believe that people who make a living can't see the lack of athletes he has to run his plan? If he gets Syracuse competitive against the ACC, they will come for him. If he could win at LSU they would probably fire Ogre and hire him on the spot.

IF he wins at LSU next week we should be a statue of him next to the Ernie Davis one in the quad.

We are in a different world today than we were then. And his Syracuse results count and will change perception of him. Again not a knock on him, just the reality of the situation

I've heard more than one national CFB writer/talking head opine that just getting to a bowl with lowly, talent deprived Syracuse would get him looks for jobs that are step ups.

Don't discount the perception people have of our program. It's pretty awful. They like Dino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom