Bump in Maryland football attendance from moving to the 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bump in Maryland football attendance from moving to the 10

PhatOrange

Living Legend
every pro-Maryland should move article talks about the bump in football attendance. Not the bump from Maryland fans, but a bump in attendance from opposing fans.

How can that not make ya laugh - they're talking about that as a positive.

every pro-Maryland should move article talks about the bump in football attendance. Not the bump from Maryland fans, but a bump in attendance from opposing fans.

How can that not make ya laugh - they're talking about that as a positive.

There's a ton of people in DC --- attracted by politics --- from these Big Ten schools.

But the local interest in seeing Indiana or Illinois or Purdue or Minnesota play football will be lower.

Maryland is grabbing as cash and for that money they are agreeing to being a practice tackling dummy for Michigan and Ohio State.

Bump when playing Penn State I can see. But would the bump from playing OSU or Michigan really be much different than the bump they get from opposing fans at VT, FSU and UNC? Last weekend's game at Byrd Stadium against FSU saw an excellent turn-out of FSU fans but there were still thousands of empty seats. Don't tell me that Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana and Purdue are going to help Maryland sell-out home games.

It will be like a PSU/Michigan/OSU home game played in Maryland.

time will tell how many OSU/mich fans will go to see a maryland game. a good maryland team has some attraction a bad one not so much.

time will tell how many OSU/mich fans will go to see a maryland game. a good maryland team has some attraction a bad one not so much.

They'd travel if they were playing Princess Buttercup U.

really.. Su- Minn 51K. Mich - Minn 48K. less than our game and we didnt travel like Mich.

purdue-PSU . 40K, 10K empty seats and PSU travels well just not that far away.

there is no history that shows mich/OSU will travel that far for games that are not important. for a top 10 game yes for a team like maryland no. they might bring 3-5k. that still leaves empty seats.

really.. Su- Minn 51K. Mich - Minn 48K. less than our game and we didnt travel like Mich.

purdue-PSU . 40K, 10K empty seats and PSU travels well just not that far away.

there is no history that shows mich/OSU will travel that far for games that are not important. for a top 10 game yes for a team like maryland no. they might bring 3-5k. that still leaves empty seats.

New and exciting plus the DC area to visit, I think they will do quite well visiting team wise. This works out very well for PSU.

Who says Maryland will even get those teams every other year. They'll be split in two divisions.

True but have to be in one of the OSU/UM divisions and I'm sure they'd be with PSU.

PSU is the one who should be trying to get to the ACC and get their costs under control and most of the schedule within driving distance again. winter games in wisconsin are so much fun.

PSU is the one who should be trying to get to the ACC and get their costs under control and most of the schedule within driving distance again. winter games in wisconsin are so much fun.

I really think you are not giving what the academic side of the Big 10 does justice. This is about money, all money... research, sports and academics.

I live in the research world, just being in the b10 isnt going to change maryland all that much in research dollars, they are already pretty big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom