Burger Fans | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Burger Fans

Shake Shack is by far my favorite "fast casual" burger place. A couple years ago I was the first ever customer at the DC Navy Yard Shake Shack. I unknowingly walked in the minute it opened for business, and everyone started loudly cheering. I'm like, "um whats happening am I about to be murdered?" And then they told me I could have whatever I wanted for free. Solid day.

For Fast Food Fries?

I love Culver's Crinkle Cut fries.

BTW, their burgers are really good too.

I don't think Culver's has made it to NYS yet.

Tom Wahl’s fries in Rochester are very good. Their burgers less so.

Wahlburger is the bomb!

Freshman: 114 —> 132
Soph - Sr: another 10/yr

Graduated at 165ish and been 172 - 178 for the last 25+ years and never really dieted. Just smarter choices as I age.

That being said, I’m a slightly overweight severely out of shape lazy balding mid-fifties dude. Ladies, why have you forsaken me?

I dispute your opinion on how old the burgers are at the places you mentioned especially during this pass year. Also, I can go to at least 2 local (Rochester) burger chains that make a much, much better burger for less, in less time it takes Five Guys to ruin theirs and cost less! And the frys are 1000% better. And any foodie will tell you that it's frys that make the place. McDonald's largest seller is its frys.
Where in Rochester? I'm hungry

It's excellent. They offer the usual vanilla, chocolate or strawberry on the menu but all you have to do is say Neapolitan and it's done. They also only offer single or double burgers but you can order a 3 by 3 or 4 by 4, 5 by 5 and so on if you want and that's the number of patties by cheese slices.

In n Out is basically perfect except for the fries. You see them cutting fresh potatoes nonstop and dropping them in the oil but somewhere along the way they just end up being crap. Rather have the shake as a ton of calories instead of those terrible things.

They've put a cap on the number of patties you can order. I forget why (and how many). Anti-gluttony, maybe.

Anyway, I've had a 5 by 5 and it's just like you'd imagine.

Fantastic.

Shake Shack is by far my favorite "fast casual" burger place. A couple years ago I was the first ever customer at the DC Navy Yard Shake Shack. I unknowingly walked in the minute it opened for business, and everyone started loudly cheering. I'm like, "um whats happening am I about to be murdered?" And then they told me I could have whatever I wanted for free. Solid day.
I had a burger at that location 2 days ago lol.

There is a Culver's pretty close to my house. Great food. Moron employees. We stopped going after they messed our order up 3 straight times.
Wait a few weeks, there will be a whole new batch

Where in Rochester? I'm hungry
Personally I really like Charlie Burgers at Charlie Riedel's (3 locations including Canandaigua). Never had a bad meal. Italian sausage, wings, fish fry. Some prefer Bill Grey's (3 locations). Good burgers. The one in Ontario has a tap room. Schaller's is another Rochester original, good ice cream too. And for desert find an Abbots frozen custard stand (at least 1 Bill Grey's has 1 inside). Outstanding use of calories! And all the burgers at these places are BETTER and Cheaper than Five Guys!

Personally I really like Charlie Burgers at Charlie Riedel's (3 locations including Canandaigua). Never had a bad meal. Italian sausage, wings, fish fry. Some prefer Bill Grey's (3 locations). Good burgers. The one in Ontario has a tap room. Schaller's is another Rochester original, good ice cream too. And for desert find an Abbots frozen custard stand (at least 1 Bill Grey's has 1 inside). Outstanding use of calories!
My wife loves bill grays. I have one about 5 min from me, and Tim wahls is close. I find the similar. Good coupons for both. Like both with everything. Wahls has better fries. I agree with Schallars and have only been to Charlie reidels once. I prefer pittsford dairy to Abbott's.

I dispute your opinion on how old the burgers are at the places you mentioned especially during this pass year. Also, I can go to at least 2 local (Rochester) burger chains that make a much, much better burger for less, in less time it takes Five Guys to ruin theirs and cost less! And the frys are 1000% better. And any foodie will tell you that it's frys that make the place. McDonald's largest seller is its frys.
Local is always better

Wahlburger is the bomb!

Freshman: 114 —> 132
Soph - Sr: another 10/yr

Graduated at 165ish and been 172 - 178 for the last 25+ years and never really dieted. Just smarter choices as I age.

That being said, I’m a slightly overweight severely out of shape lazy balding mid-fifties dude. Ladies, why have you forsaken me?
Thats Mark Wahlburgs brother place right? They have any locations in the tri state area?

Personally I really like Charlie Burgers at Charlie Riedel's (3 locations including Canandaigua). Never had a bad meal. Italian sausage, wings, fish fry. Some prefer Bill Grey's (3 locations). Good burgers. The one in Ontario has a tap room. Schaller's is another Rochester original, good ice cream too. And for desert find an Abbots frozen custard stand (at least 1 Bill Grey's has 1 inside). Outstanding use of calories! And all the burgers at these places are BETTER and Cheaper than Five Guys!
I was in nola walking along one of the side streets in the french quarter at some point last year and what do I happen to see and was confused as hell...Abbots frozen custard.

Five Guys is the best franchise burger joint and this might be a hot take but... Wendy's is severely underrated :/
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Wendy's is underrated for sure. Of the fast food franchises it has more of a non mainstream appeal. Burgers are different too vs your Mcds, BK etc.

Plus .. Frosty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom