Burr | Syracusefan.com

Burr

wadegarrett

Walk On
At the Garden doing to St Johns v. Pitt game. Think he makes it to Marquette tomorrow?

I may have missed a thread or a comment or two, but I haven't seen any complaints about the refs in yesterday's game. A rare occurrence, especially when we lose.

I actually think the officiating was fine yesterday. I just feel like I see Burr officiating a game every day.

Just one ref comment from me... After a timeout yesterday, a cheerleader inadvertently left a large hunk of her pompom on the floor ... less than 10 feet from where we were sitting. It was clearly a hazard because a fast-moving player could slip on it and hurt himself. Each time one of the refs was standing in front of us (with his back to us) we would yell, "Ref, Ref" trying to get his attention in order to point out the pompom piece. He could clearly hear us, but he refused to look at his, apparently fearing we would abuse him. Finally, after several possessions around the pompom, someone picked it up. (Burr was never in front of us; he was on the other side of the floor).

I may have missed a thread or a comment or two, but I haven't seen any complaints about the refs in yesterday's game. A rare occurrence, especially when we lose.

That's because yesterday's game was such a snoozefest, it even appeared that fat arse Burr himself could've been doing a promo for one of those 5-Hour Energy commercials. :bang:

That's because our players were so thoroughly outplayed, and our coach so thoroughly outcoached, that the refs were not even a hint of a factor in the game.

I thought the refs had consistency issues on foul calls to the basket, when a basket would be disallowed versus when they called an and 1 with the basket. Certainly was far from the difference maker.

Anyone else notice in the pregame player intros when SU players go over to shake each refs hand that Burr stood in the middle with his arms folded, refusing any handshake? Just strange.

Regarding CTO's comment. She is correct, the cheerleaders always leave pompom poo on the court and it is dangerous. Also having groups go on the court during timeouts, halftime etc with boots on has to leave moisture on the floor. Saw more slipping and sliding by players out there.

That's because our players were so thoroughly outplayed, and our coach so thoroughly outcoached, that the refs were not even a hint of a factor in the game.

I must have been watching a different game, as I recall the only player that 'thoroughly' outplayed anyone (everyone) was Porter, hence his career 33 point game. GTIII was just genius yesterday because of it...and really schooled JB. :rolleyes:

I must have been watching a different game, as I recall the only player that 'thoroughly' outplayed anyone (everyone) was Porter, hence his career 33 point game. GTIII was just genious yesterday because of it...and really schooled JB. :rolleyes:

Ah - so Porter just got lucky time after time with those wide-open threes, wide-open mid-range jumpers, offensive rebounds, and shots in close. Gotcha.

He definitely had his moments. In the second half there was a play where GTown had just been called for their 4th foul vs. 1 for us. Burr gets super-animated and comes sprinting (for him - baby crawl speed for the rest of us) across the court to where we're inbounding. I said to my wife "look at Burr - he's got something up his sleeve. He can't let this foul differential stand." Within 20 seconds he's called an offensive away from the ball on us (moving screen on Roc, I think, but I'm not sure). Should I really be able to see that coming before the play even starts?

As noted, the inconsistent continuation vs. on the floor calls were also bad. But no, I'm not pretending he's the reason we lost yesterday.

Ah - so Porter just got lucky time after time with those wide-open threes, wide-open mid-range jumpers, offensive rebounds, and shots in close. Gotcha.

We had plenty of open looks ourselves throughout that game, it's quite the wonderment when the ball actually goes through the basket as intended. Cough...46 points. :noidea:

I haven't watched the replay yet, but can anyone comment on the play where Southerland got an offensive foul on that charge call. That play seemed to happen very fast and it seemed like the defensive player could not have had enough time to get set for it to be called on Southerland. That seem to come at a key time in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom