But what is to become of Rutgers? | Syracusefan.com

But what is to become of Rutgers?

Their fans are arguing whether they should go MAC or indy. As stupid as some of their fanbase is, I think they will land in the ACC also or be a throw in into the B12 because many of the B12 football coaches want to have more visibilty in NJ for recruiting purposes which in the long run, hurts rutgers. Any rutgers fan with half a brain should be hoping for the ACC along with UConn.

Sent from my DROIDX

Their fans are arguing whether they should go MAC or indy. As stupid as some of their fanbase is, I think they will land in the ACC also or be a throw in into the B12 because many of the B12 football coaches want to have more visibilty in NJ for recruiting purposes which in the long run, hurts rutgers. Any rutgers fan with half a brain should be hoping for the ACC along with UConn.

Sent from my DROIDX

I think Buttgers ends up in the B10.

Sent from my DROIDX
Well those two can wait a few years for their invites. In the meantime their recruiting can plummet.

And yes, it is always acceptable to defame them. They are, and will forever be, Buttgers.

Rutgirls and UConn have a good chance at landing in the ACC just to lock up the TV & recruiting areas for both football & basketball in an effort to lock up the East Coast. By getting these 2 schools to join, if you live anywhere on the east coast and want your friends & family to watch your games your going to pick the ACC. Depends if anyone leaves the ACC like FSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

They will become the USC of the East obviously. Rutgers will not get into the B1G unless they have no other choices. I don't think we are going to see 4 16 team conferences instead 4 14 conferences and RU,UConn,KU, K State, Baylor, Iowa St, Louisville, Texas Tech Cincinnati,USF as the 5th conference

I think The ACC is going to 14 now to shore things up and then take a shot at the big boys (ND and Texas) for 15 and 16. If that falls through, their backup plan is Rutgers and Uconn to lock up the whole eastern seaboard.

I think The ACC is going to 14 now to shore things up and then take a shot at the big boys (ND and Texas) for 15 and 16. If that falls through, their backup plan is Rutgers and Uconn to lock up the whole eastern seaboard.

No way can I see Texas in the ACC. ND is a slim chance, based on how everything else shakes out.

I can completely see that scenario.

Sent from my DROIDX

It's not defamation unless it's false. Pretty much everything we say about Buttgers is true.

I assume we're bolting to the ACC because we see the writing on the wall in he Big East -- a millenium of unavoidable Rutgers dominance.

It's not defamation unless it's false. Pretty much everything we say about Buttgers is true.

I assume we're bolting to the ACC because we see the writing on the wall in he Big East -- a millenium of unavoidable Rutgers dominance.
Whew! seeing USC on the west coast must have made us think twice about facing the "USC of the East" coast year in, year out.

Will I still be able to defame them?
not a good post---do you not remember the last time????there is nothing solid here just still speculation "likely" does not mean is. i would not defame anybody, parrticularly a big east brethen member. you may have to eat your words

not a good post---do you not remember the last time????there is nothing solid here just still speculation "likely" does not mean is. i would not defame anybody, parrticularly a big east brethen member. you may have to eat your words
Come on... We're talking about Rutgers here. Get the f' out of here ;)

If the B1G gets ND and Texas, they're not going past 14. There's no reason to.

Rutgers brings nothing and the Big Ten knows it.

Rutgirls and UConn have a good chance at landing in the ACC just to lock up the TV & recruiting areas for both football & basketball in an effort to lock up the East Coast. By getting these 2 schools to join, if you live anywhere on the east coast and want your friends & family to watch your games your going to pick the ACC. Depends if anyone leaves the ACC like FSU.
I used to think that, but not any longer. Will UConn still be a desirable brand when Calhoun has retired, and Pasqualoni is done turning them into a mediocre football team? This is where their lack of history hurts them, although you couldn't have told any of their fans that a couple years ago. They are not an automatic TV draw for football. They play a boring style and have never won anything of merit. UConn may get left behind.

As for Rutgers, my alma mater for law school, they never have been good at any major sport, and belong in a conference like the Patriot League or the Ivy League., playing schools like Princeton, Seton Hall, Holy Cross, Villanova and Providence. That's their appropriate level. But they will likely be part of a watered down, Conf. USA style of Big East that will survive as a landing place for other universities.

No way can I see Texas in the ACC. ND is a slim chance, based on how everything else shakes out.

How about both as Football indies and ACC members in all other sports? I think both schools like to run the show and the Big 10 is already a major power. They would have more influence in the ACC

my buddy is down in LA now and ran into alot of texas fan at a bfast joint (playing ucla), they all said they prob will join the acc for all sports and football as an indie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom