Butch Davis | Syracusefan.com

Butch Davis

Antz201

Scout Team
Can we bring him in? I don't think the unc issues are such a big deal, when the same academic fraud was happening on the basketball team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be all in for Butch! Proven head coach, proven recruiter, and knows the ACC. That would show commitment to the program!

Can we bring him in? I don't think the unc issues are such a big deal, when the same academic fraud was happening on the basketball team.

I mentioned Davis in another thread. He was not named by the NCAA. The Martin report also clears him 100%, emphasizing that the issue was academic fraud, not athletics cheating (it was a rogue department with a rogue chairman).

Butch wants 1 more job. He knows Syracuse from his time at Miami. He knows the ACC. He can oversee great recruiting. He can assemble a good staff.

I'd be all in for Butch! Proven head coach, proven recruiter, and knows the ACC. That would show commitment to the program!
"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" lol... Either Butch or Tressel will do for me. We need to make a statement that we want to go big time and not that we are just a basketball school. I hope that if Marone left because of facilities, that those get upgraded in the future to put us on equal footing with peers. Heck, Syracuse has so many new academic buildings that the undergrad facilities rival any college in this country. Bonds are cheap, I say we finance it, and we can pay it back with a constantly sold out dome.

Awful idea. Can't think of a worse fit for SU. No way he can recruit here like he used to down south. The suggestion is almost as dumb as someone who mentioned Wannsteadt.

As I said on the other thread if you want a jilted ACC coach go with Jagodzinski his BC teams were a lot better than anything Davis put out at UNC despite the recruits.

I mentioned Davis in another thread. He was not named by the NCAA. The Martin report also clears him 100%, emphasizing that the issue was academic fraud, not athletics cheating (it was a rogue department with a rogue chairman).

Butch wants 1 more job. He knows Syracuse from his time at Miami. He knows the ACC. He can oversee great recruiting. He can assemble a good staff.
Correct, I just feel like butch needs his own thread... Good point pointing that out, which I knew to be the case also... It's a UNC problem and not a Butch problem.

Talk about a stepping stone...Butch would come here and do well. Then when the first SEC job opens he would bolt if offered!!

Must have someone with northeastern ties and NY connections. We can't rebuild those bridges again

Awful idea. Can't think of a worse fit for SU. No way he can recruit here like he used to down south. The suggestion is almost as dumb as someone who mentioned Wannsteadt.

As I said on the other thread if you want a jilted ACC coach go with Jagodzinski his BC teams were a lot better than anything Davis put out at UNC despite the recruits.

Jags did not recruit those players, and he looked to cash in on the NFL as soon as he could.

Davis can assemble a good staff anywhere. Davis can oversee good recruiting anywhere. Syracuse could use a few more players from the South, especially FL, and Davis can deliver that.

Syracuse does not have a Fort Knox of its own to pay a coach, and Davis can be had rather cheaply because time is against him: he needs a Major conference job ASAP before he gets too old.

Must have someone with northeastern ties and NY connections. We can't rebuild those bridges again

That's what assistants are for.

Talk about a stepping stone...Butch would come here and do well. Then when the first SEC job opens he would bolt if offered!!

True.

The ultimate stepping stone coach.

Syracuse>FIU, FIU almost got butch for 500k.

Well if fans that want exciting football they need not want Tressel because it doesn't get any more boring then his style of play. It's one thing when you have OSU's resources and car dealers it's another when you have a school rubbing their pennies and hoping they can create lightning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom