Butler | Syracusefan.com

Butler

Well I crapped on him for not going 100 percent on them 2long passes first game but he did better at Wagner and then looked like a different athlete yesterday. I think seeing Harris and other guys get his run kinda kicked him in the butt to get moving. Thought he did well. Oh yeah he can block too.

Yes, yesterday definitely some redemption for Devin.

And YES - he blocks like a banshee from the WR spot.
Sprung several big gainers for us.

Welcome to the party, pal! ;)

I was as hard on him as anyone after the Western game......I still may doubt his catching ability but his blocking was on point yesterday!

Yes, yesterday definitely some redemption for Devin.

And YES - he blocks like a banshee from the WR spot.
Sprung several big gainers for us.

Welcome to the party, pal! ;)
Hopefully the drops are behind him because he might be the most dynamic WR we have after the catch.

I don’t know why we went away from him yesterday unless FSU was doubling him. He started out with 2 quick catches then nothing. Some has to be on the QBs though because he was wide open a couple times and wasn’t seen. And he blocks like a TE.

the issue was we ran a bunch of sets where we had 7on5 advantage in the box and just didnt gain yds and really slowed down the play calling and the energy on offense.. we must have run 7-10 plays needing 1-2 yds and just didnt get it done. then we had to do it over and over and suddenly the drive has stalled.. if the oline could fix just that part of the game then tempo comes back and passing/play action/rpo works better.

the issue was we ran a bunch of sets where we had 7on5 advantage in the box and just didnt gain yds and really slowed down the play calling and the energy on offense.. we must have run 7-10 plays needing 1-2 yds and just didnt get it done. then we had to do it over and over and suddenly the drive has stalled.. if the oline could fix just that part of the game then tempo comes back and passing/play action/rpo works better.
How much of the issue is that we were going against nfl talent who knew what we were trying to do? I also noticed that we would gash them for 8 yards and then line up quickly and try again and we would get stuffed.

Butler's kind of intriguing because usually WRs struggle to pick up the blocking, and he's nearly mastered it as well as a college wideout can.

The other mental stuff and drops catch up, and he might be the kind of guy that can stick in the NFL as an end of the rotation WR/special teams guy.

I would have kept feeding him yesterday. He looked locked in. Blocking was outstanding, was running hard after the catch, and he caught the ball. He is probably our best athlete. I would force feed him vs UConn to try and get his confidence at a level that we're going to need for the rest of the ACC.

I'm rarely critical of individual players on here except when I see a lack of hustle. I felt that was the case with Devin vs WMU. Yesterday was what we need from him the rest of the year. He was fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom