Buyers Remorse? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buyers Remorse?

But if there are ground breaking the new facilities in 3 months then set up a 3-D virtual tour of the new facilities for the new recruits to watch. They have 3 weeks to do it. That shouldn't be hard to do or pull off in that time frame. I am sure there are already video's out there. Walk them over show them where it will be. Tell them there class will be the first class in said new facilities and so on... :) The staff need to sell the kids on the future facilities if it is true that ground breaking is happening in about 3 months.

Done
http://bernheimerarchitecture.com/projects/syracuse_university_football_training_facility?id=654

wow my memory is shot. i guess 20 years is a lot longer then 10. i think we have may have been pre season #10 in 96 then?
ap 11 coaches 9 in 1996

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Not to mention a lot of those locals will never come back...

They are either retired somewhere in Florida / down south now and/or have moved elsewhere to find a job after 2 decades of industrial and economic downsizing in the greater syracuse area...
- The "locals" have been unenthusiastic since the late 1960s It was sad listening to the moans and groans . I was going to all the games in both major sports.The fans back then were already bitching about the $ it cost to go. This before GE and Carrier ditched the city. After the Dome opened I bought season tickets and traveled four hours for every home game with family or friends . It was sad to see the Dome partially filled for big games.Maybe this set of coaches can create enough excitement to get the placed filled with
45K+ fannies. I'd love to watch a game here in CA and see the Dome packed and loud.When they play a conference game we/ they need to do everything possible to create an intimidating atmosphere, in Syracuse.Everyone needs to get involved. Media school team and coaches.

- The "locals" have been unenthusiastic since the late 1960s It was sad listening to the moans and groans . I was going to all the games in both major sports.The fans back then were already bitching about the $ it cost to go. This before GE and Carrier ditched the city. After the Dome opened I bought season tickets and traveled four hours for every home game with family or friends . It was sad to see the Dome partially filled for big games.Maybe this set of coaches can create enough excitement to get the placed filled with
45K+ fannies. I'd love to watch a game here in CA and see the Dome packed and loud.When they play a conference game we/ they need to do everything possible to create an intimidating atmosphere, in Syracuse.Everyone needs to get involved. Media school team and coaches.

Point of clarification, while there are not 9,000 workers building gear, there are still 1,200 dedicated white collar workers working great paying jobs.

Yeah, I think Go was suggesting that you don't want to bring a bunch of juniors in cold to see crappy facilities, but if facilities are a big part of a decision I'm not sure we win very much anyway. However, having a really cool weekend at a school and seeing 30K+ going nuts at a hoops game is something very few, if any other schools can offer. Absolutely have to play that card, IMO.
just ask laray if it mattered

just ask laray if it mattered

I'm not sure what you're referring to, the facilities or a big hoops weekend? My only point is that if your facilities blow, it's going to be an issue for a bunch of recruits no matter how great your relationship is with them. So shying away from bringing in juniors for a crazy hoops weekend doesn't make that much sense to me, by my way of thinking.

Stars to me are really pointless. Players with 5 stars usally are no brainers but 2 and 3 star players get those ratings for a multitude of reasons and many of them have nothng to do with predicting their success on the football field in college. Good coaches and recruiters find players that fit their schemes and philosophy, needs ability to grow in their system.

As for Syracuse, they will get that next stage 4 star recruits if they invest in their facilities. I haven't been to Syracuse in over a decade but it sounds like nothing much has really changed but man when I have gone to ASU and UofA and NC State I was blown away with their facilities in comparison. With all other things being close to or equal, those facilities will have many chosing the competitor over 'cuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom