buzz really knows how to ugly it up against us | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

buzz really knows how to ugly it up against us

buzz4.png

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk

Despite all his courtside shenanigans he can coach. He's always been able to cobble together decent teams and have them play hard. At Marquette he used to get some JC players, transfers and physical blue collar players yet manage to mold them into pretty good cohesive teams. It will be interesting to see if he can recruit consistently better at Va Tech.
i just can't stand the whole style of "we're going to play harder" and all that crap, "make the refs call fouls" etc. it is not a long-run approach to coaching, and you are teaching your players they aren't good enough to win straight up.

"make the refs call fouls" etc. it is not a long-run approach to coaching.
Rick Pitino would disagree.
(and pretty much agree with your post - can't stand that style of basketball - but unfortunately it can be very effective)

(and pretty much agree with your post - can't stand that style of basketball - but unfortunately it can be very effective)
generally speaking pitino has supreme talent on his teams, he could probably win in a variety of styles. but then i thought, who has pitinio had at ville that is an nba success? either way he has way more talent than buzz and his juco nonsense, like play 23 year olds against 18s. same crap jay wright is doing now, i think they said the average age of his rotation was 21.5 or something like that? c'mon jay

Either you're the baddest swingin' on the court, or you're a whining mama's boy.

Is that like "If you ain't first you're last"?

I agree that Blacksburg is still Blacksburg. As for Marquette they are no sister of the poor. They play in the Bradley Center and they are consistently in the Top 15 in attendance. Buzz is a good coach and will get paid more $$$ at VT, but he has nowhere near the tools necessary to theoretically be as successful at VT as he was at Marquette. If he manages it though, he elevates himself to being a great coach.

Cheers,
Neil

Milwaukee is Milwaukee though, think Va Tech should probably throw a little of that football money towards hoops and they might have something to work with.

I have never been to Milwaukee, but I heard good things, I have been to Blacksburg, and its a dump. Not to mention Marq plays in an nba arena, and has a really nice practice facility. Va tech's arena is a dump.

So would Jamie Dixon. ;)

How is he not called for a Technical when he is clearly half on the court and not in the coaching box.

Heard/Read a great line he spent more time on the court then his centers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom