Buzz VERY classy in his post game comments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buzz VERY classy in his post game comments

What he say?
I heard him say "I'm not as good a coach as he (Boeheim) is"
Also, that they tried everything and nothing was good enough to play Syracuse.
Paraphrasing, but very similar to what he said.
Classy guy and brings a tough team to the table every year. Wouldn't mind him as our coach 2-4 years from now.

I never have had a problem with Buzz. He has always seemed as a pretty honest guy and he came from nothing. His players play hard and so what if they have to play a little rough to win. They aren't dirty like some people on here think. They don't get great talent.

I like what he says but there is some nagging part of me that is not totally sure how much theatre there is in his comments. His press conference prior to our game against them in the 2011 tourney is a much watch though (must be on YouTube). He clearly is playing a character in his dealings with the media so it is hard to tell how much face value to put on his statements.

I like what he says but there is some nagging part of me that is not totally sure how much theatre there is in his comments. His press conference prior to our game against them in the 2011 tourney is a much watch though (must be on YouTube). He clearly is playing a character in his dealings with the media so it is hard to tell how much face value to put on his statements.

Yep. IMO, there's a lot of used car salesman in Buzz.

Buzz is a good coach. He knows what his team is and isn't and knows how to get that team as far as it can go with what it has. Really not that different from that JB does, albeit with a different type of player.

One thing Buzz did which impressed me...he did not hesitate to call that final timeout with, think, maybe 4 min remaining and then lead back to 11. Too many coaches hold back on a timeout or two. Buzz knew it was about to be lost and figured its now or never. Frankly, he called timeouts throughout the game like this, aware that his team is not built to erase a massive deficit.

Didn't work but still smart.

Buzz is now the PRIMARY focus for the University of Minnesota's head coaching search.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on to a better situation in the near future.

Yep. IMO, there's a lot of used car salesman in Buzz.

I can't tell what he's thinking but i heard what he said. and what he said was very classy. Until proven a scumbag i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not willing to do this with others *coughCALcough*.

Classy guy and brings a tough team to the table every year. Wouldn't mind him as our coach 2-4 years from now.

I wouldn't mind him there either if Hop doesn't pan out. But I seriously wonder if Buzz will have a voice 2-4 years from now. If he keeps going like that with his voice his vocal chords will be completely shot.

Buzz is now the PRIMARY focus for the University of Minnesota's head coaching search.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on to a better situation in the near future.

He would be perfect for the Gophers - and I don't mean that sarcastically.

He would be perfect for the Gophers - and I don't mean that sarcastically.

Agreed. Realistically, they probably aren't going to recruit blue chippers, but he'll get good athletes who fit his system which would enable Minnesota to be competitive in the B1G--especially if he's able to duplicate the success he's had at Marquette. And I have to believe that geographically, his recruiting ties to the upper midwest would translate quite easily to Minnesota.

Agreed. Realistically, they probably aren't going to recruit blue chippers, but he'll get good athletes who fit his system which would enable Minnesota to be competitive in the B1G--especially if he's able to duplicate the success he's had at Marquette. And I have to believe that geographically, his recruiting ties to the upper midwest would translate quite easily to Minnesota.

Yeah, when Buzz has even a modest amount of talent, he wins. His kids play hard and they always pound the glass. Great fit in Minny.

I was always a Buzz hater, what with the sideline schtick and all. But g0d damn, I don't think I can ever feel quite that way again. That was one classy interview.
I'm with you.

Is Minnesota really a better situation than Marquette? MU has way more history and success as a program. I guess Minnesota can pay more but I would think his chances for future success are better in the NBE than in the B1G at that school.

His presser really changed my view of him. He was very gracious...way more than he had to be. Unlike a lot of coaches who are sore losers and excuse makers.

I changed my mind about him, it takes real class to point out when you lose don't make excuses, that it was the other team which was better.

Is Minnesota really a better situation than Marquette? MU has way more history and success as a program. I guess Minnesota can pay more but I would think his chances for future success are better in the NBE than in the B1G at that school.

There's no question that it would be a better situation financially for Buzz [which is what I meant]. Whether or not he could make them competitive like he has Marquette is debatable, but I wouldn't bet against him--solid coach. And Minnesota has been good in the past.

He would be on my short list of outsiders: Jay, Buzz, Shaka, Andy, Brad, Mick, John B.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I wonder that too about Buzz and, yes, you're right on how that 2011 presser prior to our game with them is great stuff. I just think he likes to talk and tell his story in a good way. I don't think he's some fraud or anything. At least not so far. I think he comes from a good place.

I respect that program a lot. My seats were in the very first row of the Marquette section in front of all their fans (thanks Stubhub lol!) Most other programs I would have been forced to taunt all the fans after all our buckets and forced turnovers lol but Marquettes fans really aren't annoying so I didn't do it at all.

They were a tough team and thats why they made the elite 8. Good program I will miss playing them.

Maybe, but that better situation is not Minnesota.

Yeah, I think Marquette is in a pretty good spot going forward. The new Big East will get 4-5 bids and they will get one every year. Thats a program I'd only leave if UNC or Duke opened up, I wouldn't leave it for a run of the mill B1G school.

He'd laugh at Minny if they called him.

And absolutely none of the coaches at programs somewhat close to Minneapolis geographically would even think about taking that job over theirs (Williams, McDermott, McCaffrey, Ryan, Hoiberg.)

Tubby did well in Minnesota I don't see how that program can expect anything better. If he gets canned for winning a game then losing one in the tournament their hockey coach should be axed too because they are the best team in the country and just chocked against someone. Jerry Kill has been given a lot of rope to work with in FOotball too and barely scrapes 6-6 seasons with a decent amount of talent and the B1G being much easier in FB than it is in BB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom