By far my favorite play of last night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

By far my favorite play of last night

It looked to me that OB was going out to the corner to wait for a 3pter on that play, but MD's pass forced him to cut to the basket.

There was another break later in the game where the exact same thing happened but it was Hughes. He had a wide open lane from the corner for a pass and dunk and instead he stopped and camped out at the 3pt line in the corner (the ball was subsequently not passed to him). He’s a much better shooter than OB but I’ll take a dunk over a 3pt attempt with few/no rebounders back every time.

It’s safe to say that MD is one of the best passing big men we’ve ever had. Run your offense through him at the high post.

There was another break later in the game where the exact same thing happened but it was Hughes. He had a wide open lane from the corner for a pass and dunk and instead he stopped and camped out at the 3pt line in the corner (the ball was subsequently not passed to him). He’s a much better shooter than OB but I’ll take a dunk over a 3pt attempt with few/no rebounders back every time.
I looks like part of the problem may be the number of times a player DOES cut to the basket and their teammates don't ever see them. Happens a LOT with this team, and it's got to be frustrating for them. So subconsciously maybe they're thinking what's the point? They'll find me on the perimeter, but not in the paint.