Bye Bye Phil | Syracusefan.com

Bye Bye Phil

Very much a two edged sword with Phil. He got some things right - drafting Porzingus, trading for Hernangomez, the youth movement, and not trading draft picks.

He messed up big time by insisting on the triangle, the Noah contract, dis-respecting Melo, and alienating Porzingus.

Hopefully the Knicks can pick up and continue Phil's positives and correct the negatives.

Yes, Phil became a poison, but he also has built a future foundation, and, in truth, he has left the roster and the future much better than when he found it with all future draft picks intact.

Agreed, we drafted a Frank over Smith and Monk because he fit the triangle sooo...
as great as getting rid of Phil is, its still Dolanized by not getting it done before the draft.

I was ok with Steve Mills getting the job, can 1 of you guys better connected to the Association tell me why the Toronto guy is better??

other than fleecing the Knicks for bargnarni I mean...

Very much a two edged sword with Phil. He got some things right - drafting Porzingus, trading for Hernangomez, the youth movement, and not trading draft picks.

He messed up big time by insisting on the triangle, the Noah contract, dis-respecting Melo, and alienating Porzingus.

Hopefully the Knicks can pick up and continue Phil's positives and correct the negatives.

Yes, Phil became a poison, but he also has built a future foundation, and, in truth, he has left the roster and the future much better than when he found it with all future draft picks intact.

Let's be honest. Phil is not half the GM that Donnie Walsh was.

Let's be honest. Phil is not half the GM that Donnie Walsh was.
Walsh was doing a great job until Dolan forced the Melo trade & the Knicks surrendered too many young assets and draft picks. Imagine what might have been if Melo had gone the free agency route & signed with the Knicks with none of those picks or assets surrendered. Of course, Melo was looking after himself first, and would have taken the trade to Brooklyn before going the FA route where he would have made less.

No question if given a truly free hand that Walsh would not have pulled the Melo trade trigger at that price.

I don't think Ujiri is going to happen. I was going to suggest Neil Olshey as a possible GM candidate. He's a Queens native with a pretty solid track record. Looks like the Hawks were recently rebuffed in their attempts to talk to him about their open GM job, however, so I take that to mean the Blazers don't want him going anywhere.

Report: Hawks denied permission to speak with Blazers president Neil Olshey

Phil, we hardly knew ye
220px-Angelika_Kauffmann_Allegra.jpg

as great as getting rid of Phil is, its still Dolanized by not getting it done before the draft.

I was ok with Steve Mills getting the job, can 1 of you guys better connected to the Association tell me why the Toronto guy is better??

other than fleecing the Knicks for bargnarni I mean...

dont sell him short, he was also the GM who fleeced Dolan in the Melo deal

Agreed, we drafted Frank over Smith and Monk because he fit the triangle sooo...

I've read this, I guess I'm not sure I totally buy it. Obviously he's super young so who knows what he will turn into it, but he's a guard who is supposed to be a really good defender and can shoot 3's. It's not like the triangle is the only offense a guy like that can thrive.

I'm in on Frank.

Rich Eisen just said (didn't catch his source) that Isaiah isn't to be counted out as a dark horse candidate.

No 'n way.

Right? :bang:
that's just Eisen trolling all us Giants fans waiting for the next paid idiot to say Eli sucks.

while we wait for that, he throws an Isaiah to the Knicks gut punch...just for shlits and giggles.

that's just Eisen trolling all us Giants fans waiting for the next paid idiot to say Eli sucks.

while we wait for that, he throws an Isaiah to the Knicks gut punch...just for shlits and giggles.

I would like to go on record and say that I was only watching because DP Show was over and hadn't changed the channel.

Felt like I had to get that out there.

That's is what you get for being a Knicks and Giants fan...

How did the OP not go with the obvious title

Bye Philcia pun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom