BYU | Syracusefan.com

BYU

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
...is a year away from making a Final Four run. Book it. Young team led by the "Lone Peak 3" is getting their barrings this year & growing into CBB. One of the nation's best Cs Eric Mika & 2 long range gunners in T.J. Haws (brother of BYU all-time scoring leader Tyler) & Nick Emery. These 3 won a national title together at Lone Peak (UT) HS in 2013 & have finally reunited after each took their missions. I watched them play in HS 3 straight days on ESPN when they won the '13 Dick's Invitational & have followed them this year, watching 6-7 games. There's young complimentary pieces around them, multiple freshman & transfers, & they've continued to gel. Free flowing offense & Coach Rose gives them the green light. If they can knock off the Zags tonight & get into the Dance I'd expect a Sweet 16 run but next year is when it all comes together.

...is a year away from making a Final Four run. Book it. Young team led by the "Lone Peak 3" is getting their barrings this year & growing into CBB. One of the nation's best Cs Eric Mika & 2 long range gunners in T.J. Haws (brother of BYU all-time scoring leader Tyler) & Nick Emery. These 3 won a national title together at Lone Peak (UT) HS in 2013 & have finally reunited after each took their missions. I watched them play in HS 3 straight days on ESPN when they won the '13 Dick's Invitational & have followed them this year, watching 6-7 games. There's young complimentary pieces around them, multiple freshman & transfers, & they've continued to gel. Free flowing offense & Coach Rose gives them the green light. If they can knock off the Zags tonight & get into the Dance I'd expect a Sweet 16 run but next year is when it all comes together.

Does BYU still have players leaving for a few years for mormon sessions. If so, is anybody leaving... and also is anybody coming back?

And while it was not your intent you likely just cued up a bunch of Gonzaga sucks / is way overrated posts because BYU is keeping it close.

Does BYU still have players leaving for a few years for mormon sessions. If so, is anybody leaving... and also is anybody coming back?

And while it was not your intent you likely just cued up a bunch of Gonzaga sucks / is way overrated posts because BYU is keeping it close.

I believe the announcer said nobody was leaving for a mission next season. BYU has been resilient tonight. Few, on the other hand, has already been T'ed up. I wonder if JB will be texting him after the game? BYU takes the lead!

They are playing really well tonight, fyi, please give me a shot at Gonzaga in tournament.

The core of Sophomores Mika & Emery, & Frosh Haws have all completed their missions. All are also married & obviously 2 years older than most of their class. Mika may have a chance to enter the Draft but the 3 are very close & want to leave their mark at BYU. Soph transfer Elijah Bryant has no mission requirement & just dropped 39 on Portland Thursday.

The core of Sophomores Mika & Emery, & Frosh Haws have all completed their missions. All are also married & obviously 2 years older than most of their class. Mika may have a chance to enter the Draft but the 3 are very close & want to leave their mark at BYU. Soph transfer Elijah Bryant has no mission requirement & just dropped 39 on Portland Thursday.

Thanks -- what about additions, i.e. prior rotation players also coming back from missions next year. That would make them even more dangerous.

Rose & Davis are the only 2 Seniors & nobody has a mission scheduled for next year. Stats entering tonight's game:

IMG_0728.PNG

Last edited:
I don't think this makes BYU a tourney team. This is the first top 50 win and they have quite a few bad losses. I think they will need one more scalp in the WCC tournament (either St. Mary's or Gonzaga) to enter the conversation.

This has been an EPIC comeback. After the 16-2 start, anyone else consider turning it off? lol

My issue is that I watched TWO games of teams out West and neither of them had Bill Walton. I cant remember the last time I did that, personally.

Ucla might take that opening.

Baylor and Louisville may also get the #1 seed out west if either wins out (i.e. wins ACC or B12 tourney). And it's only 1 loss for Gonzaga, And can't discount the Pac-12 champ. UNC could easily end up with 7 losses.

It's basically Kansas and Villanova, and the 2 other spots are in play.

Baylor and Louisville may also get the #1 seed out west if either wins out (i.e. wins ACC or B12 tourney). And it's only 1 loss for Gonzaga, And can't discount the Pac-12 champ. UNC could easily end up with 7 losses.

It's basically Kansas and Villanova, and the 2 other spots are in play.

I think Unc is going to get a one seed, If Ucla wins out, I think they get the final one seed.

Im confused, but that's not new

It was meant to be an insult. You just beat us, but so what you are just going to the NIT after this.

It's as silly as fans getting really excited over a big win over a ranked team -- and yelling "overrated" which in effect totally diminishes the accomplishment.

I think Unc is going to get a one seed, If Ucla wins out, I think they get the final one seed.

UNC has to play Duke, at Virginia, and the ACC tourney. The path is clearly there for them to take the #1 seed, but they have to execute. 7 losses won't get it done.

BYU needs to play some defense if they want to be a viable NCAA team.

Fun style though on offense.

UNC has to play Duke, at Virginia, and the ACC tourney. The path is clearly there for them to take the #1 seed, but they have to execute. 7 losses won't get it done.

I don't see them losing to either Uva or Duke right now.

Gonzaga should not be a 1 seed. Their resume is thin.
Kansas is a lock.
Nova needs to win the BET.
UNC clearly in line.
Oregon/UcLA next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online