Bzdelik steps down at Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

Bzdelik steps down at Wake Forest

BjMyZVjCQAANX2d.png

so now WF, VT and BC all open...

Only two are turn around jobs. VT could hire the ghost of John Wooden and it'll still take them 5 years to get back to the tournament.

It has to be tough that the new teams that came in to the ACC all have experienced coaches and competed immediately with the ACC (before Jerian Grant got dismissed).

According to what I have read it looks like the leading candidates for the job are the #1 choice Shaka, Howland and Capel.

GMac a way better fit at BC than Hop.

GMAC has been an assistant coach for less than three seasons. He's not a good fit for anybody as a HC just yet.

According to what I have read it looks like the leading candidates for the job are the #1 choice Shaka, Howland and Capel.
Uh... I mean, sure, dream big.

Capel is dreaming big??? Howland is damaged goods, not sure he could hope to do much better than Wake. Shaka is a hot name who is probably still on everyone's list.

Uh... I mean, sure, dream big.

Capel is dreaming big??? Howland is damaged goods, not sure he could hope to do much better than Wake. Shaka is a hot name who is probably still on everyone's list.
Mostly was referring to Shaka Smart, but I have no interest in seeing Howland join the conference - damaged goods or not, that guy has a lot left in the tank and is a really good coach.

Capel, meh.

It sounds like Capel is pursuing Wake more than Wake is pursuing him.

Hop to BC, Autry to VT, GMac to Wake.

that nick resavy is one savvy sonofabeetch. comes here, sits the bench, and then weasels his way into the SU HC job 2016.

Last edited: