Class of 2020 - C Brandon Huffman / Transferring from UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Brandon Huffman / Transferring from UNC

I'm stupid right now so I'm going to ask again lol...so he would have to sit a year before being eligible? Or does that not apply anymore? Different rules maybe due to the covid situation?

I'm stupid right now so I'm going to ask again lol...so he would have to sit a year before being eligible? Or does that not apply anymore? Different rules maybe due to the covid situation?

Honestly - no clue.

NCAA likely to grant full one-time transfer ability to all, but then, does the ACC still tack on another year, or no?

Cam Johnson went from Pitt to UNC to play his last 5 years :rolleyes: and didn’t have to sit out.
But - that’s UNC.
They & Duke have an entirely different set of rules (and refs) than the rest of the conference.
And country.

So does anyone know if he would actually have to sit a year if he transferred in the same conference? Didnt the Pitt transfer Cameron Johnson that went to UNC get eligibility immediately a few years ago? Cant recall if he did or not?
He was a grad transfer. Got his Pitt degree in 3 years.

This has got to be our guy :p reach out cuse staff what else do u have going on besides sitting on our couches going stir crazy! Eventually we will get a yes from someone. Gotta shoot ur shot if u know what I'm sayin!

Roy Williams is going to do everything in his power to keep him away from us.
This young man has talent and good old Roy is not going to allow him to move on to us!

This young man has talent and good old Roy is not going to allow him to move on to us!
Probably true

that would be less about Syracuse specifically and more about anyone in the ACC

I dont know I mean UNC had to fight Pitt for Johnson so maybe they wouldn’t fight us over this? Who knows

Just not sure on transfer rules and everyone I ask isnt quite sure either. I think under normal circumstances when u transfer in conference you sit one and then play without losing a year of eligibility. However, with the new vote coming up on transfers being eligible immediately, I wonder if that would apply to this guys situation as well regardless of transfering in the same conference. Idk? Worth looking into maybe.

Jacksonville State. LOL.
LOL. These were all just hypothetical. But yea a older big guy that played at UNC is trash because he chose to finish his career at Jacksonville State LOL.

Also most of these options were to help fill a gap we have for a year or two and to bring in some physicality. Not sure anyone was claiming these guys to be the next Derrick Coleman. Just ideas to bring in some size that we lacked and a different type of player to help us in certain situations. These weren't 2020 kids or 2021 options where they were young and inexperienced. "LOL."

Also most of these options were to help fill a gap we have for a year or two and to bring in some physicality. Not sure anyone was claiming these guys to be the next Derrick Coleman. Just ideas to bring in some size that we lacked and a different type of player to help us in certain situations. These weren't 2020 kids or 2021 options where they were young and inexperienced. "LOL."
Just one man's humble opinion...i wouldn't worry too much about explaining or justifying why you post this stuff. The reader can choose to just ignore these types of posts. To me, where the threads get mucked up is with all the banter back and forth about why is this guy listed.

Just one man's humble opinion...i wouldn't worry too much about explaining or justifying why you post this stuff. The reader can choose to just ignore these types of posts. To me, where the threads get mucked up is with all the banter back and forth about why is this guy listed.
True that I hear ya and agree. Just gets old... Guess I gotta do better at ignoring it... :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom