C Chinonso Obokoh | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

C Chinonso Obokoh

Starting to look like he will be our next "Big" and will be a great program type of player much the way that Rick was. I'm hoping he ends up Orange.

Starting to look like he will be our next "Big" and will be a great program type of player much the way that Rick was. I'm hoping he ends up Orange.
Not a flame, but how do you reach that conclusion?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Not a flame, but how do you reach that conclusion?

Watching films, reading articles, ascertaining that he is not a one and done type talent and trusting Francis in his take on him.

GMac will check him and Bryant out this evening according to source.
Careful Francis, other services will hijack this info and put it on their website, then claim that they were the first to break it according to a reliable source :)

Capt. Tuttle, post: 370171 said: <br />Not a flame, but how do you reach that conclusion?<br /> <br />Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
<br /> <br />Watching films, reading articles, ascertaining that he is not a one and done type talent and trusting Francis in his take on him.
Well, Francis says Texas leads. Not sure that means he will "our next 'Big' ". Hope he is.

Well, Francis says Texas leads. Not sure that means he will "our next 'Big' ". Hope he is.

Exactly, he's far from a lock but having him on campus again for Midnight Madness will be huge.

why isnt Austin coming to mid-night madness with his homey>>>Jordan...
the Philadelphia connection continues!!!!!(see other thread)

Most big guys this age and at this level come in two flavors - big ol' space eaters with limited skills, or slender gazelles with limited skills.

Our preference seems to be the slender gazelles. I can't argue with that.

Most big guys this age and at this level come in two flavors - big ol' space eaters with limited skills, or slender gazelles with limited skills.

Our preference seems to be the slender gazelles. I can't argue with that.
I think the preference is for getting the best guy for the program and JB will work with it, especially at Center. We just had AO, of the space eater variety. Then Fab, and I'm not sure of the category there, but go more with gazelle, when he was in shape. But now we've swung back to anchoring down the place with DC2.

As I've mentioned before I think Obokoh is a great program fit - academics, attitude, timing, pipeline.

I value this get more than most. Francis has called him a luxury. But I think any remaining recruit is now a luxury (Ennis/pg was a must get). SU is in great position to get a good forward and if it doesn't work out the position will be an even easier sell in '14. But getting a BMK type at this juncture (while having good centers already here) seems to me, the better program sustaining get.

I think the preference is for getting the best guy for the program and JB will work with it, especially at Center. We just had AO, of the space eater variety. Then Fab, and I'm not sure of the category there, but go more with gazelle, when he was in shape. But now we've swung back to anchoring down the place with DC2.

As I've mentioned before I think Obokoh is a great program fit - academics, attitude, timing, pipeline.

I value this get more than most. Francis has called him a luxury. But I think any remaining recruit is now a luxury (Ennis/pg was a must get). SU is in great position to get a good forward and if it doesn't work out the position will be an even easier sell in '14. But getting a BMK type at this juncture (while having good centers already here) seems to me, the better program sustaining get.
Well, I had the qualifier "most" in my statement.

AO and DC2 are big ol' space eaters with very good skills. Hard to find, hard to sign. They aren't most college bigs, that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom