Class of 2019 - C Chol Marial (CT / AZ) to Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Chol Marial (CT / AZ) to Maryland

These "kids" always scare me a little. Between questionable age and qualifying issues, there is always that element of fear until they actually set foot on campus and are cleared. That being said,

We obviously just went through that with Diagne.

But this kid being in the US for 9th grade [and then subsequently, for the entirety of high school] will go a long way toward avoiding those types of issues.

We obviously just went through that with Diagne.

But this kid being in the US for 9th grade [and then subsequently, for the entirety of high school] will go a long way toward avoiding those types of issues.
Yeah, I agree there, definitely a benefit to that. I wonder what his listed age is.

These "kids" always scare me a little. Between questionable age and qualifying issues, there is always that element of fear until they actually set foot on campus and are cleared. That being said,
What helps to calm those nerves is that he's now attending a well respectable prep school in the NEPSAC, rather than some random diploma mill prep out of nowhere. NEPSAC schools aren't going to deal with kids that have shaky backgrounds.

What helps to calm those nerves is that he's now attending a well respectable prep school in the NEPSAC, rather than some random diploma mill prep out of nowhere. NEPSAC schools aren't going to deal with kids that have shaky backgrounds.
Good point, it would seem that academics won't be an issue.

Which school will he be attending? Would love to check him out against New Hampton Prep (Jimmy Boeheim) which is about an hour up the road.

Another giant from Africa over 7'0 residing in CT like our guy Chukwu. Marial projects to be much better than him at this stage. Was in Florida previously before ending up at Cheshire Academy in CT this past season.

He's too tall to play PG.

Cheshire was big for the football program back in the day because I believe Coach P went there.
When I was a kid growing up in Branford Ct. Cheshire Academy was considered the local "reform school" that my mom would threaten to send me (jokingly) when she thought I was out of line and up to... well, "no good". After 3 years there I was allowed to go back to Branford High School where it was much easier to do the things I liked to do. ( just kidding) ;)

When I was a kid growing up in Branford Ct. Cheshire Academy was considered the local "reform school" that my mom would threaten to send me (jokingly) when she thought I was out of line and up to... well, "no good". After 3 years there I was allowed to go back to Branford High School where it was much easier to do the things I liked to do. ( just kidding) ;)

Cheshire Academy was nothing in sports for many years. Cheshire High had great football teams for many years under Addazio. His teams included the McIntosh brothers, Kyle and Ian, who both played at SU.

Kids seem to be attracted to prep schools lately.

BTW, I live in Branford.