Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Syracuse ever had 4 centers on the roster before? Wonder if Edwards makes it back to the states. 3 guards and a maybe with the griffin transfer situation yet they’re pursuing a 4th center. Hm
I'm betting on there being 4 guards...just my gut feeling.

JBA has a better chance at being a stretch 4 or even a rick jackson type. He can really shoot the ball from deep. Like legitimately hes decent. Not sure Edwards has that ability.

My god, get a freaking grip.

Your post shows 0 insight nor perspective on how Western Kentucky recruits.
Theres a reason theres so much talk surrounding them and their recruiting year after year. It's a legitimate worry that he could go there and they shouldnt be underestimated. Program/program it's not even a discussion. We crush them in every way imaginable...BUT they still bring in major top talent $

My god, get a freaking grip.

Your chicken little post shows 0 insight nor perspective on how Western Kentucky recruits.

I don’t care what the circumstances are we should never lose recruits to those cheaters

That makes no sense. If a kid or his handlers are looking to get paid, then SU loses that recruit to whatever school is willing to pay.
Yep JB dont mess around with that nonsense. I think a lot of this handler noise was bs from UK side. I was told by another recruiting site that he was actually kinda screwed over by LSU when they took the commitment from the 7ft Putnam kid. Nothing about money. UK guys just arent happy. I think one of his mentors did say a few things that might have rubbed some guys the wrong way but it was basically just showing the kid has confidence in his game. Nothing wrong with that.

That makes no sense. If a kid or his handlers are looking to get paid, then SU loses that recruit to whatever school is willing to pay.

how much could he possibly get from Western Kentucky? My hope is with the change from the NCAA a player like this one wouldn’t think twice about coming here because he can market himself and make a hell of a lot more money than he would at a no name school

If the article about playing time is true, would we want the kid.
The year off probably helped weight/strength-wize. But JBA's a first year player and I don't see him being ready out of the gate to anchor the zone for 15-18 mpg behind SId, especially at his size and with his skill set (stetch 4). Anselm is a frosh but IMO further along with better size for the middle. ;)
yet, you think that Anselem who is two years younger than Ajak is going to be able to help right away? Guess you have to believe.

yet, you think that Anselem who is two years younger than Ajak is going to be able to help right away? Guess you have to believe.
Let me ask you something...did u think Isaiah Jackson would come in and help right away? Because this kids game is very similar. Hes a quicker and more mobile athlete then the bigs we have right now. He can absolutely provide quality rim protection if he learns the zone well enough. Great length/wingspan and can play pick n roll decent. Dunks everything near the basket. I think he could provide some quality minutes that can keep Marek at the 4. Wont set the world on fire but make no mistake about it, hes one of our better big guy recruits if we land him that we have had in a few years. He has higher upside for sure. How quick he gets there is the question. We had a McDonald's all American that took a good 3 years to do much of anything for us so it's kind of a crapshoot with bigs anyways lol.

So I figured I might start a conversation regarding Frank's skill set. In looking at the limited tape that I've seen he looks to be an athletic big who's a bit raw on the offensive side of the ball. Moves well and quickly on defense, which also speaks to his athleticism. I think his athleticism is comparable to Isaiah Jackson but I like Jackson's feel on the defensive end, jacksons shot blocking timing just apprears to be at a higher level. That said there's a good amount to work with here. Hes appears to be significantly "twitchier" (fast twich) than anyone we have at that position by a fairly large margin imho. I'd love to hear other thoughts on Frank. I still havent seen enough film to gauge his general feel for the game. I saw some nice passes so I think he might have a feel for the game but it's hard to tell with the limited film I've watched

Let me ask you something...did u think Isaiah Jackson would come in and help right away? Because this kids game is very similar. Hes a quicker and more mobile athlete then the bigs we have right now. He can absolutely provide quality rim protection if he learns the zone well enough. Great length/wingspan and can play pick n roll decent. Dunks everything near the basket. I think he could provide some quality minutes that can keep Marek at the 4. Wont set the world on fire but make no mistake about it, hes one of our better big guy recruits if we land him that we have had in a few years. He has higher upside for sure. How quick he gets there is the question. We had a McDonald's all American that took a good 3 years to do much of anything for us so it's kind of a crapshoot with bigs anyways lol.
I feel although Isaiah Jackson has similar skills as Anselem, I would rather have him than Anselem. Still, I believe that Sidibe will be the starting center for 2020 and depending on foul trouble will command a great of minutes for that position. We are not talking I. Jackson, we are talking Anselem who was not a starter on his high school; whose offensive game needs work; who is ranked 123 not 25 and who is younger than the current graduating class. I wonder how much help he will/would provide his freshman year on a team with 4 centers? I think that there is a lot of potential but there are several questions.

So I figured I might start a conversation regarding Frank's skill set. In looking at the limited tape that I've seen he looks to be an athletic big who's a bit raw on the offensive side of the ball. Moves well and quickly on defense, which also speaks to his athleticism. I think his athleticism is comparable to Isaiah Jackson but I like Jackson's feel on the defensive end, jacksons shot blocking timing just apprears to be at a higher level. That said there's a good amount to work with here. Hes appears to be significantly "twitchier" (fast twich) than anyone we have at that position by a fairly large margin imho. I'd love to hear other thoughts on Frank. I still havent seen enough film to gauge his general feel for the game. I saw some nice passes so I think he might have a feel for the game but it's hard to tell with the limited film I've watched
Spot on! Gotta remember his game tape this year is next to nothing because he played on a allstar team that was literally the green/burnett show. They didnt even need a big man. He is much quicker and like u said "twitchier" then our current bigs. Real good hops and is decent off the pick n roll. When hes near the basket he gets up and dunks it. It's his speed/athleticism/wingspan that can help us immediately if he learns the zone. Decent shot blocker and anticipates it pretty well (not as good as IJ) but still good. His defense could be a immediate impact at least to help take the load off bourama/foul issues and keeping marek at the 4. With all that said JBA is a totally unknown and will be very interesting to see how he has developed and what he will bring to the team this year. Jesse showed some nice stuff as well. I just think the difference in athleticism is pretty obvious with these guys. Our bigs are kind of clunky or long striders. Frank is a athlete and is not clunky.

Theres a reason theres so much talk surrounding them and their recruiting year after year. It's a legitimate worry that he could go there and they shouldnt be underestimated. Program/program it's not even a discussion. We crush them in every way imaginable...BUT they still bring in major top talent $
I get it they cheat not well enough they don't win squadus. Seriously who the heck wants to go to wku and play in conference USA?

Spot on! Gotta remember his game tape this year is next to nothing because he played on a allstar team that was literally the green/burnett show. They didnt even need a big man. He is much quicker and like u said "twitchier" then our current bigs. Real good hops and is decent off the pick n roll. When hes near the basket he gets up and dunks it. It's his speed/athleticism/wingspan that can help us immediately if he learns the zone. Decent shot blocker and anticipates it pretty well (not as good as IJ) but still good. His defense could be a immediate impact at least to help take the load off bourama/foul issues and keeping marek at the 4. With all that said JBA is a totally unknown and will be very interesting to see how he has developed and what he will bring to the team this year. Jesse showed some nice stuff as well. I just think the difference in athleticism is pretty obvious with these guys. Our bigs are kind of clunky or long striders. Frank is a athlete and is not clunky.
Do you have any insight why Waters said to you not to count on Syracuse picking up Anselem or did I misunderstand your statement back a couple of posts from you? Wondering if it was because of Anselem’s handlers or because we would have 4 centers or because of some unknown factor?

I feel although Isaiah Jackson has similar skills as Anselem, I would rather have him than Anselem. Still, I believe that Sidibe will be the starting center for 2020 and depending on foul trouble will command a great of minutes for that position. We are not talking I. Jackson, we are talking Anselem who was not a starter on his high school; whose offensive game needs work; who is ranked 123 not 25 and who is younger than the current graduating class. I wonder how much help he will/would provide his freshman year on a team with 4 centers? I think that there is a lot of potential but there are several questions.
I agree with some of that. But again he was ranked around 85 in the 21 class before reclassifying to 2020. Again, didnt get to show much on his team because who he played with so that did him no favors in helping his rankings. Look at his offers and the schools that were recruiting him. All major programs. Good athlete. He will be younger but I'm not sure size wise how he is compared to IJ? I think IJ is around 6'9 200 with a 7ft wingspan and frank is 6'10 220 with a 7'5 wingspan...pretty similar but Frank has more size already. Offensively he definitely needs work but that can be said about ALL of our bigs lol. Sidibe will definitely start, I'm not arguing that. Theres a lot to like here.

Do you have any insight why Waters said to you not to count on Syracuse picking up Anselem or did I misunderstand your statement back a couple of posts from you? Wondering if it was because of Anselem’s handlers or because we would have 4 centers or because of some unknown factor?
I dont remember that post? I'd have to go back through and look...was that before his final 3 stuff happened? I've posted too much on here to remember it all lol.

I agree with some of that. But again he was ranked around 85 in the 21 class before reclassifying to 2020. Again, didnt get to show much on his team because who he played with so that did him no favors in helping his rankings. Look at his offers and the schools that were recruiting him. All major programs. Good athlete. He will be younger but I'm not sure size wise how he is compared to IJ? I think IJ is around 6'9 200 with a 7ft wingspan and frank is 6'10 220 with a 7'5 wingspan...pretty similar but Frank has more size already. Offensively he definitely needs work but that can be said about ALL of our bigs lol. Sidibe will definitely start, I'm not arguing that. Theres a lot to like here.
Not disagreeing with you on a lot to like but there are several “ifs” with Anselem. One big thing is playing time. Will he get the playing time he wants with Syracuse? That is a big If.

I dont remember that post? I'd have to go back through and look...was that before his final 3 stuff happened? I've posted too much on here to remember it all lol.
I apologize it was a statement from OrangeFan1. My bad.

Not disagreeing with you on a lot to like but there are several “ifs” with Anselem. One big thing is playing time. Will he get the playing time he wants with Syracuse? That is a big If.
True that. But that's a big if at all the remaining list of schools he has. As a outsider looking in I think our roster is less intimidating and I would see a path to more playtime time in my opinion. Wku has Bassey and hes a beast. Arkansas has transfer vance jackson and 7'3 center as well as a few other big guys. San Diego just landed a immediate 6'10 transfer from maryland. But maybe he likes the west coast? Idk it's all just guesses at this point and just my opinion. Sidibe was great towards the end of the year and I hope that confidence and play continues...but hes still so foul prone and I don't think JB wants Marek at the 5 if he doesnt have to.

I don't think Sidibe is the guy you use as a comparison here. It's about Edwards and JBA. If playing time is the focus then it's more about beating those two. JBA is an unknown but we saw impressive flashes with Jesse. If Jesse gets stronger and takes the next step it makes it very hard to see anyone jumping him. That said if he doesnt then the backup center position is ripe for the picking and that could mean big minutes depending on Bourama and fouls.

This kid will play for us. Most likely start. Marek stays at the 3-4. JAB plays the 4. Edwards might play the 4 or 5. Sid and this kid split the 5. Griff 3-2. Jackson the 2. Kid Ray 1-2-3. JG 1-2. Cuse ends up top 7 in ACC and a 7 seed.

This kid will play for us. Most likely start. Marek stays at the 3-4. JAB plays the 4. Edwards might play the 4 or 5. Sid and this kid split the 5. Griff 3-2. Jackson the 2. Kid Ray 1-2-3. JG 1-2. Cuse ends up top 7 in ACC and a 7 seed.
Forgot the Canuck. 3-4.

How is this kid still available?

I think if he can learn the defense JB should start him and let him play 5-6mins or until he picks up 2.

This would save Sidibe from early foul trouble and it allows Anselem development time on the court.

Jb did this with Fab and Rock early in their careers with great success. (except when he would pull them in 30 sec :rolleyes: )

Unless Edwards comes back 35lbs heavier I think he should RS.

JBA probably needs more time, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom