Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this guys upside is he better then the recent bigs we've brought in JBA Edward's. Really dont want another developmental center which we've had a long string of over the years. Only one that turned up panning out were Baye Moussa Kieta and looks like Bourama is on that right trajection. See what Edward's and JBA turn into.
He would be another developmental center in my eyes. He is coming in a similar way that Edwards did last year. He will not add much to the offensive side to start off. What he has are defensive Skills and Offers a little more bulk than our other centers. I am ready to say let Edwards and Ajak develop by giving them playing time.

if we get him, then we will have to determine how good he is and when he plays. He would give us size for 2021 After Sidibe graduates.

What is this guys upside is he better then the recent bigs we've brought in JBA Edward's. Really dont want another developmental center which we've had a long string of over the years. Only one that turned up panning out were Baye Moussa Kieta and looks like Bourama is on that right trajection. See what Edward's and JBA turn into.
Etah Thomas is his upside IMO. Etah was very raw when he came to SU and didn't do much his freshmen year, but because he had the athletic tools to work with he developed nicely over the years.

I think they offered him early on, so I assume JB and company really like the kid and see potential. Comes from a high end prep program which is a plus. Seems like a no brainer. If you can grab a big and don't have strong prospects in the next recruiting class why not get one for next season, especially with Sidibe graduating.

FWIW espn had him ranked as high as 43 in the 2021 class...that was like 28 weeks ago but just sayin. Kids a pretty decent prospect. He absolutely has to develop like any big does but I think some are tossing the word around "developmental" like hes a serious project. Not sure you can compare him to Jesse Edwards recruitment/ranking/skillset coming out of highschool.

I don't get people trashing places to which they (likely) have never been.
Yes and I also think most forget that the college a person goes to becomes one's universe while in college. I loved my time at Syracuse while I was in college; however, the second I graduated I moved far away on purpose. No offense intended to you native syracuse folks - just not my cup of tea.

Last I looked, we have three bigs on next years roster. It isn't like the cupboard is bare.

Haven’t you heard? Check again, apparently everything in the cupboard is past its expiration date.

Haven’t you heard? Check again, apparently everything in the cupboard is past its expiration date.
Who has said that? I think the discussion has been clear that the staff is very obviously recruiting another big. For whatever reason that might be is just speculation. Maybe they dont feel good about 2021 class? Maybe they dont feel good about our current ones? They made plenty of statements this past season about our bigs play. I havent read anywhere on here about our guys being tossed aside because their expiration date is up. Guys to tend to develop. It's just been very clear what our staff has been pursuing pretty aggressively the past few months.

Why is it that when we lose a recruit its always about "the bag". Maybe its about kids just not buying what our staff is telling them. We are 0 for 7-8 Bigs. Its not all about The Bag.

Why is it that when we lose a recruit its always about "the bag". Maybe its about kids just not buying what our staff is telling them. We are 0 for 7-8 Bigs. Its not all about The Bag.
I'd say almost always that's the case. It's not about the bag. This one feels a bit different but let's see how it plays out. This one might be us getting hak teabagged on. But maybe not lol.

WKU’s coach is notorious for paying guys. Having said that, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I think WKU can make a pretty strong pitch (maybe even stronger than ours) without money being a factor.

I can't imagine wanting to live in western Kentucky. For any reason. For any length of time. Juli left the state bereft of value.
frankie anselem told me that a syracuse 9 is a western kentucky 6
giphy.gif

We are no way 0-7 or 0-8. We have had modest interest in most of these guys. Do we want another big, yes. Have we been passionate in our interest for most of these guys, no.

Etah Thomas is his upside IMO. Etah was very raw when he came to SU and didn't do much his freshmen year, but because he had the athletic tools to work with he developed nicely over the years.
Funny, I was thinking of an Etan comparison too. Hope this plays our way, but WKU is shady, as many of you allude to. Of all the remaining schools listed, I think we should win out easily, with the exception of WKU, because of this very reason. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Once again, we have three bigs on the roster. If we were desperate for one of the guys we didn't get. we would have got at least one of them. Teams have had a greater need than we have had. That has played a big part of this. I get the impression that Frank wants to be a big fish in a small pond. But we shall see.

The issue with bigs is supply and demand and it is getting worse. Too many American bigs don't want to play in the post, they don't want to be centers and many of them never develop into a KD like player.

It is forcing schools to chase fewer players willing and able to play a traditional center. It has also created the influx of foreign born players, but they often struggle to adjust to the American gamr which is more physical than the European game in general.

This is all a product of 4 and 5 out offenses in the NBA with little to no post play. Kids want to do what will get them to the league.

Last edited:
I wonder if that‘s what schools said about SU when Coleman, Pearl and Owens chose SU.

Money, playing time, and guaranteed NBA scouts due to Bassey...WKU isn’t a bad option. We could theoretically offer most of that too but point being, WKU can offer more than just money to make themselves an attractive option.

Oh come on, the Syracuse program offers a lot more to a recruit and it’s not close.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: people wonder why certain recruits go places. Lol

Issue is the rules not the fact that people are getting paid for a service that has a value.

If example I remember when scalping tickets was illegal now it is big business. These things need to regulated but how could we be legalizing marijuana but endorsements for college athletes are illegal.

They will have agents not handlers just like their coaches and universities, which all have similar deal with brands.

Oh come on, the Syracuse program offers a lot more to a recruit and it’s not close.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true in this case. It’s really a matter of what a recruit is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom