Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the article about the basketball academy in a Louisville, it shouldn't make you feel warm and fuzzy about Weistman’s potential basketball academy. It’s an NCAA investigation in the making. I’m not real comfortable with Frank. There’s a lot of questions about this recruitment and I don’t trust this handler at all.

What does the Louisville reference have to do with Weitsman at all, particularly since Davis College project has been put on hold as the facility has been offered up for medical research and housing during the pandemic crisis. Clearly an uninformed post at best.

As a booster, Weitsman doesn’t do a thing without discussing with JB and Mark Wheeler when relevant. Really need to stop all off this ignorant hand wringing.

One of the things I love most about college athletics is watching the players develop over several years. That’s one of the reasons I am hopeful that the G-League grows into a viable option even. Sort out the kids that don’t want to be in college, let them go pro. Fewer one and dones.

What does the Louisville reference have to do with Weitsman at all, particularly since Davis College project has been put on hold as the facility has been offered up for medical research and housing during the pandemic crisis. Clearly an uninformed post at best.

As a booster, Weitsman doesn’t do a thing without discussing with JB and Mark Wheeler when relevant. Really need to stop all off this ignorant hand wringing.
Go back and re-read the article. I didn’t accuse Weitsman of anything. The problem is with basketball academies. It’s also a bad look, when he sits right next to JB at games and wants to build a basketball academy. I think you’re the uninformed poster. We’ve already been nailed twice by the NCAA.

Good to know, cusehusky. I'm just curious but was red recruiting anselem before he cut his list to three or did red start recruiting him after he re-opened his recruitment. Just wondering because if we couldn't make that list of three with red recruiting him for a while, ugh.

Also, easy on cusehusky. Not sure why the comments. He keeps things interesting and moving in this thread. He admits fully that he doesn't have inside info so it's not like he's claiming something he's not.
Who is this Cusehusky of whom you speak?:)

That was a little too much. A lot of kids have handlers. No need to investigate the background.
Didnt investigate much of any background. Just made it known who Franks handler is and that someone that seems to have a decent handle on WKU said to watch out for one of their assistants who also happened to be basseys handler before he got hired on at WKU and is his legal guardian. He also runs a AAU organization that brings kids over here. Most of that info was given to me without me looking into it by the WKU guy I was having a conversation with... So yea... idk why I share anything at all on here. Some of y'all are straight buggin over nothing. Literally conversation stuff and a little about who is handling/involved in this kids recruitment...all of which has been public knowledge before these post. I just expanded on the situation a bit more ONLY to shed light on what kind of recruiting we are up against. Specifically WKUs assistant who was a "handler" himself and the shady situation of how Bassey ended up at WKU and how the handler was hired. Jeesh

So he thinks he’s one and done. He might try to crack the top 100 before he thinks he’s ready for the NBA. He‘ll go to college and have a huge wake up call. At SU he will start as their fourth best big.

No need to beat the kid up over some throw-away comments made by his handler.

Confidence is a good thing.

Didnt investigate much of any background. Just made it known who Franks handler is and that someone that seems to have a decent handle on WKU said to watch out for one of their assistants who also happened to be basseys handler before he got hired on at WKU and is his legal guardian. He also runs a AAU organization that brings kids over here. Most of that info was given to me without me looking into it by the WKU guy I was having a conversation with... So yea... idk why I share anything at all on here. Some of y'all are straight buggin over nothing. Literally conversation stuff and a little about who is handling/involved in this kids recruitment...all of which has been public knowledge before these post. I just expanded on the situation a bit more ONLY to shed light on what kind of recruiting we are up against. Specifically WKUs assistant who was a "handler" himself and the shady situation of how Bassey ended up at WKU and how the handler was hired. Jeesh

fwiw i appreciate the info you brought here

Being 6'10 or 11 is is a much harder road to the NBA than it used to be. You've either got to be an elite rim runner and shot blocker like Mitch Robinson or Jared Allen, or you've got to have a damn good all-around game including ball handling and perimeter shooting. He may end up the but he is no James Wiseman or Deandre Ayton at this point. I can certainly be wrong but he sure doesn't look a one and doner to me. He will need to figure out what kind of player he is.

I personally don't care what's shared and what isn't. You not posting DMs doesn't hurt me. Everything isn't worth posting IMO. Some of the stuff you added to the thread was alluded to already. It comes off as a bit extra when I see someone's LinkedIn being added to the discussion.

Given how his recruitment has panned out thus far from the reclassification and Western Kentucky getting involved are painting a clear picture. With the offers he had for 2021, he was better off from a development standpoint, but this rush to jump a year and the parties involved at this point of the game are providing a glimpse of what his camp is looking to achieve. I for one won't lose any sleep if he goes elsewhere. I don't see him as a contributor in 2020 especially with the frontcourt depth SU has at the moment.

I personally don't care what's shared and what isn't. You not posting DMs doesn't hurt me. Everything isn't worth posting IMO. Some of the stuff you added to the thread was alluded to already. It comes off as a bit extra when I see someone's LinkedIn being added to the discussion.

Given how his recruitment has panned out thus far from the reclassification and Western Kentucky getting involved are painting a clear picture. With the offers he had for 2021, he was better off from a development standpoint, but this rush to jump a year and the parties involved at this point of the game are providing a glimpse of what his camp is looking to achieve. I for one won't lose any sleep if he goes elsewhere. I don't see him as a contributor in 2020 especially with the frontcourt depth SU has at the moment.
I didnt add his LinkedIn to anything. I did add a screenshot of his fb page showing him in Duke gear and it saying he was a graduate from there. The fact that you thought that was his LinkedIn actually makes this even funnier. Good lord thats way overstepping privacy boundaries :rolleyes: on a social media platform that allows you to search people. He could have his stuff completely private if he didnt want to be found. It was a screenshot of the guys fb profile...Good lord people.

Last edited:
Being 6'10 or 11 is is a much harder road to the NBA than it used to be. You've either got to be an elite rim runner and shot blocker like Mitch Robinson or Jared Allen, or you've got to have a damn good all-around game including ball handling and perimeter shooting. He may end up the but he is no James Wiseman or Deandre Ayton at this point. I can certainly be wrong but he sure doesn't look a one and doner to me. He will need to figure out what kind of player he is.

You hit it on the head. That is today’s NBA. You need an elite skill to be a one and done. Or uber potential with size and crazy athleticism.

Kids don’t want to learn fundamentals anymore. It’s all about flash. Big dunks, bombing away from 3, posterizing someone. Lots of them get to the NBA on potential alone and never make a career because they never worked hard at their craft.

I sound like the old man yelling at the clouds but it’s true.

Lots of our players have flamed out in the NBA because they had no intention of staying and learning basic skills. Gaining smarts for the game.

There are crazy exceptions like Kobe, LeBron, even Zion who don’t need college. But I’d say 95% of these kids need atleast 2-3yrs of college ball before they’re ready.

What's even more hypocritical is how sometimes theres people on here who are involved with the school/administration and will share that certain players are enrolled into the school or are on campus (especially on the football side) but god forbid if you look someone up on a social media platform where it's all public knowledge and you share a pic of someone who hasnt made their profile private. This ish is gettin real old on here by certain people. Comin outta the sticks just to run their mouths and spout nonsense when they dont like what others share yet they dont share anything. Why are you even on the recruiting forum? Same ish again. Keyboard warriors.

Last edited:
Go back and re-read the article. I didn’t accuse Weitsman of anything. The problem is with basketball academies. It’s also a bad look, when he sits right next to JB at games and wants to build a basketball academy. I think you’re the uninformed poster. We’ve already been nailed twice by the NCAA.

Sorry if I offended and don't want to get into an argument. You note that due to issues at Louisville we shouldn't feel "warm and fuzzy" about the Weitsman initiative and that it represents "an NCAA investigation in the making." This project is more than a "basketball academy." It is being planned as a high quality magnet school with basketball as an area of focus but with fully accredited academics and college preparatory curriculum at its core. Think IMG Academy, not one of the diploma mills that have popped up around the country.

Since Adam announced the project there have been multiple posts insinuating that there was a risk of wide spread skirting of NCAA regulations and less than stellar motives. Knowing what I know about him and the compliance culture in place at Syracuse now I find such speculation to be completely unfounded.

Greetings from a Hilltopper fan. I've enjoyed reading through your message board and certainly respect the history and tradition of Syracuse basketball. WKU actually shares the top 10 in all-time winning % with Syracuse, top 15 in all-time total wins, and top 12 in number of 20 win seasons.

WKU is in Bowling Green which happens to be the third largest city in Kentucky and the fastest growing community in the state. Situated 60 minutes from Nashville and 90 minutes from Louisville, Bowling Green has plenty of amenities and certainly isn't is rural and isolated as some on here have suggested. If you are trying to identify a small university in rural Kentucky Murray St and Morehead St are a much closer fit.

As for Rick Stansbury. Take a look at our operating budget and his salary and it really is hard to imagine that we are outbidding (if that is how folks are alleging we are landing highly regarded recruits) Syracuse, Seton Hall, Arkansas, if for example we were able to land Frank.

If Frank were to commit to WKU I don't see a path to him starting with Carson Williams and Charles Bassey at the 4 and 5 spots. That said it is easy to imagine him getting 25 minutes a game backing up those two.

Anyways, I just wanted to drop by and add some perspective from a WKU fan. All the best to Syracuse basketball.

Greetings from a Hilltopper fan. I've enjoyed reading through your message board and certainly respect the history and tradition of Syracuse basketball. WKU actually shares the top 10 in all-time winning % with Syracuse, top 15 in all-time total wins, and top 12 in number of 20 win seasons.

WKU is in Bowling Green which happens to be the third largest city in Kentucky and the fastest growing community in the state. Situated 60 minutes from Nashville and 90 minutes from Louisville, Bowling Green has plenty of amenities and certainly isn't is rural and isolated as some on here have suggested. If you are trying to identify a small university in rural Kentucky Murray St and Morehead St are a much closer fit.

As for Rick Stansbury. Take a look at our operating budget and his salary and it really is hard to imagine that we are outbidding (if that is how folks are alleging we are landing highly regarded recruits) Syracuse, Seton Hall, Arkansas, if for example we were able to land Frank.

If Frank were to commit to WKU I don't see a path to him starting with Carson Williams and Charles Bassey at the 4 and 5 spots. That said it is easy to imagine him getting 25 minutes a game backing up those two.

Anyways, I just wanted to drop by and add some perspective from a WKU fan. All the best to Syracuse basketball.
Who would win in a mascot fight - Big Red or Otto the Orange?

So, he thinks he’s a one and done talent. That throws everything I just wrote out the window, and gives me pause now. I was looking at this for the future, and finally not having to defend Sid’s honor, but it was too good to be true. Since Mac is becoming more of a long shot in 2021, this addition looked perfect. I still hope it happens, but I also hope he’s not coming in dead set on being here for only one season, a la McCullough. Not sure that will end very well for us.

It sounds like he’s just confident in his abilities, and not just using college as a quick one year detour. If that’s the case, then I think this could end up being one that we look back on, and thank our lucky stars for, a la Hakim Warrick. Obviously a different situation, but in the end, he’s a guy we would be adding because of missing out on our previous targets. I was saying that I think he can have a similar development to that of Rak during his time here. A solid contributor early, but really taking off as an upperclassman, and especially his senior year. If I’m wrong, and he’s ready as a frosh, or sophomore, then let me be wrong! I do love the confidence. He would be a perfect fit for being our go to big when Dior is here. Between the two of ‘em alone, I think we’d have enough swagger for the next decade.
Everyone thinks they are a one and done until the cold hard reality hits and they realize they aren't as good as they thought.

Thank you for a cordial, well-informed, and helpful post from your unique perspective. Coastal elitists who rightfully abhor stereotypes and prejudice when it applies to traditionally disadvantaged groups unfortunately morph into hypocrites when blindly disparaging rural America, its demographics and culture. Not all city slickers, mind you...because that itself would be a stereotype.

The problem with WKU is not its tradition or the current state of its program but the overall quality and exposure of Conference USA versus other leagues. I assume, along with many other SU fans, that most Top 100 recruits are seeking high-level competition and TV exposure to best position themselves for the pros. That's why it stuck out to me that WKU was on Anselem's list. I'll admit I question Stansbury's recruiting tactics, without knowing much more than innuendo. That said, kids have other motivations. It could be playing time, comfort level with a coach, or wanting to be a proverbial big fish in a small pond. However, this "handler" could mean Anselem's recruitment has little to do with any of that.

Do you live in Ky? I’m in western Kentucky. About 40min from Murray State. Most people in my area are UK fans.

Thank you for a cordial, well-informed, and helpful post from your unique perspective. Coastal elitists who rightfully abhor stereotypes and prejudice when it applies to traditionally disadvantaged groups unfortunately morph into hypocrites when blindly disparaging rural America, its demographics and culture. Not all city slickers, mind you...because that itself would be a stereotype.

The problem with WKU is not its tradition or the current state of its program but the overall quality and exposure of Conference USA versus other leagues. I assume, along with many other SU fans, that most Top 100 recruits are seeking high-level competition and TV exposure to best position themselves for the pros. That's why it stuck out to me that WKU was on Anselem's list. I'll admit I question Stansbury's recruiting tactics, without knowing much more than innuendo. That said, kids have other motivations. It could be playing time, comfort level with a coach, or wanting to be a proverbial big fish in a small pond. However, this "handler" could mean Anselem's recruitment has little to do with any of that.
I have nothing against wku they had some good teams in the past I.remember they pulled off a huge upset over Seton Hall I think it was 93. They haven't made the tourney in seven years and play in conference USA. I just find it odd how they are getting all the four and five star recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom