Class of 2019 - C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this coming from Kofi or is it coming from Hurley because...

Also this kid has weight issues.

Well thats the thing being thrown out alot on here is that its Hurley pumping the press...guess we will see.

Who cares? They aren’t in our conference

Kofi is getting no attention from the bigger schools which is what he wants

I'm sure schools are still recruiting a kid that's a manchild that is a borderline 5 star recruit. 31 in espn top 100. His recruitment has been somewhat quiet I'll give u that. Definitely is overweight and needs to get in better shape but I'm sure most schools think they can fix that.

Oh, so they're giving up on Wahab? ; )

Would be interesting if we end up with wahab. Seems like a lot of people on here arent very high on him but supposedly some on our staff think VERY highly of him and want him bad. Maybe that's our guy?

Still don't get this...does anyone know why we arent trying harder with kofi? With Stewart being a longshot and Wahab having 5 choices still I'm not sure why we wouldnt be recruiting him unless he gave us the impression that hes not interested in us? Strange recruitment for such a beast and highly ranked kid. Makes me wonder if other factors are involved?

Not sure why he's ranked so high tbh. He's no better than Wahab and he's completely out of shape.

I don’t know. I like him. We haven’t had a player like him since Rak. We haven’t had anybody really you can just throw the ball down to, get a simple bucket, push a guy around. He plays with a nasty streak. He’s not Stewart but even a guy like him who you have to guard and possibly help in the post with will open our offensively challenged system up. I know a player like him is becoming less of the norm but our post scoring game and points in the paint has been so horrendous that he could be a welcomed sight.

Another thing. You won’t have to worry about him not dunking the ball when he gets the ball right by/under the basket. Or bring it down, take some steps and turn a should be dunk into a tougher and comical layup. I’ll take it.

Last edited:
So a top 30 kid is apparently down to Illinois Pitt and UConn?

Yiu know that saying when a 3 star has a legit offer list and everyone is saying “someone the offer list is more telling than the rankings”? Is the same logic applied here?

So a top 30 kid is apparently down to Illinois Pitt and UConn?

Yiu know that saying when a 3 star has a legit offer list and everyone is saying “someone the offer list is more telling than the rankings”? Is the same logic applied here?

UK has missed on all of their top targets for bigs and is gonna miss for IS. They’ll swoop in and get Kofi

Status
Not open for further replies.