Class of 2019 - C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what he's doing at Oak Hill, but he's fat. College conditioning is needed to get him into better shape.
I agree. He definitely does not look to be in good shape. I was watching him in the Hoop hall and I have seen 75 year old men that can take him in a foot race.

I'm guessing most of the big boys stayed away because of questions with his conditioning etc.

Kofi averaging 15/12 on 26mpg (23.6/18.6 per 40) in the very early going for Illinois. Not sure what kind of repercussions Illinois will find themselves with after he's gone, but that kind of size and production would be helpful.

SU struck out on Kofi (RSCI 43), Qudus (RSCI UR), and Akok(RSCI 62). Signed JBA (RSCI UR/redshirt) and Jesse Edwards (RSCI UR) instead.

Kofi averaging 15/12 on 26mpg (23.6/18.6 per 40) in the very early going for Illinois. Not sure what kind of repercussions Illinois will find themselves with after he's gone, but that kind of size and production would be helpful.

SU struck out on Kofi (RSCI 43), Qudus (RSCI UR), and Akok(RSCI 62). Signed JBA (RSCI UR/redshirt) and Jesse Edwards (RSCI UR) instead.

They struck out on Stewart as well.

Why do you think he went to Illinois? It sure as hell wasn’t tradition or nba pipeline

I will never make an excuse like that just to say it but Illinois paid for Kofi
Of course they did. I think they probably paid more than Uconn did for Jackson but less than Hop did for Stewart and for sure less than Kentucky paid.

Every recruit in the world that doesn't pick SU is getting a bag. It has nothing to do with our staffs ability to recruit.

My post.

Your head.

Illinois has been saving up their bag money since they last had to give a bag to get Marcus Liberty.

Of course they did. I think they probably paid more than Uconn did for Jackson but less than Hop did for Stewart and for sure less than Kentucky paid.
Alright man

Another one who's received terrible advice. At least he didn't hire an agent.

Another one who's received terrible advice. At least he didn't hire an agent.
In this day and age it's bad advice not to. Go through the process and get feedback you have nothing to lose. Eventually the nba is going to have to set a limit because everyone is doing it.

In this day and age it's bad advice not to. Go through the process and get feedback you have nothing to lose. Eventually the nba is going to have to set a limit because everyone is doing it.
Given the current situation, how sure can he be that the NBA guys will have an opportunity to check him out and offer that feedback?

Given the current situation, how sure can he be that the NBA guys will have an opportunity to check him out and offer that feedback?
This year maybe not but in general it's the smart thing to do. I have a feeling a lot of guys who declared are going to be heading back to school.

Why are we making fun of a center who averaged 13.3 points, 8.8 rebounds as a freshman? I'd take that in a heartbeat. Guys a lot worse than him have declared for the draft.

Who's making fun of him? In a very weak draft, he's not projected to be a first rounder in any of the mocks. He's not among the best draft prospects either.

Status
Not open for further replies.