Class of 2018 - C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters

I'm softening my stance just a bit on offering Majak, only because we need depth. I wouldn't expect him to contribute much if at all for several years. But if the staff sees something in his work ethic that's not visible on the tapes that I've witnessed then maybe... I'd still prefer a big guy who's less of a project, but I don't want the scholarship to be vacant especially with Sidibe's health a question mark.

I'm softening my stance just a bit on offering Majak, only because we need depth. I wouldn't expect him to contribute much if at all for several years. But if the staff sees something in his work ethic that's not visible on the tapes that I've witnessed then maybe... I'd still prefer a big guy who's less of a project, but I don't want the scholarship to be vacant especially with Sidibe's health a question mark.
I think Majak would be a good player to close out the 2018 class. He’s a 4 star, ranked as 19th center on ESPN (albeit rankings don’t mean everything). We need the depth, it’s always nice to get a 4 year program guy, he’s 7’1 (7’6 wingspan) and you can’t teach that size. He’ll have the opporunity to get stronger and develop his game that’s obviously raw. And as others have mentioned, getting him doesn’t persuade the bigs from 2019 to not come here.

I think Majak would be a good player to close out the 2018 class. He’s a 4 star, ranked as 19th center on ESPN (albeit rankings don’t mean everything). We need the depth, it’s always nice to get a 4 year program guy, he’s 7’1 (7’6 wingspan) and you can’t teach that size. He’ll have the opporunity to get stronger and develop his game that’s obviously raw. And as others have mentioned, getting him doesn’t persuade the bigs from 2019 to not come here.

It's amazing to me that ESPN labeled him a four star guy... he has 17 FG total in 17 games this year. I love the height, and agree you can't teach 7'1, but this guy only played when his team was pressing this year because he has zero offensive game. He's raw, and thin as a rail. He's a shot blocker and that's it right now...

I saw a lot of film on him on Hudi.com before they fixed the loophole to view film without paying for it. I'd expect him to be a practice guy, who we'd be lucky to get anything from until his Junior or probably Senior year. I don't really like his game a whole lot but since we lost out on all the other big men in this class, and we have question marks with Sidibe, we might need depth. Trust me, there's been no one on this board more critical of the potential of offering Majak than me. So for me to say I'm even the slightest bit open to him is a "MAJUR" turn around for me. It doesn't really have much to do with my opinion of him, as it does with missing out on other BETTER bigs. I'd rather look elsewhere, but there's not much left to choose from.

Last edited:
Agreed. Marek will be just fine in emergency situations if needed. If PC or BS isn't healthy, or, if a quality recruit becomes available then that's different but I'd much rather use a scholarship on a transfer then on a big project because odds are they won't be able to contribute as a freshman anyway. JMHO

Agree, another swing at someone like what Chukwu was, that just finished their Freshman year and can use a redshirt to cover their transfer season would be perfect. Have 2 years post high school under them and 1 year of Syracuse experience with 3 years of eligibility left. Would be ready to go in 2019 when we absolutely have a need but also unlikely to cause any issues with any significant 2019 recruits.

This guy is raw as frack. Another beanpole too.

We need tall centers to anchor the zone that’s obvious nobody should be under 7 feet tall at center that’s where we have been most effective

We need tall centers to anchor the zone that’s obvious nobody should be under 7 feet tall at center that’s where we have been most effective

This guy didn't even start on his high school team. He only played when his team was pressing this year. He has ZERO offensive game. He scored 17 field goals in 17 games this season. He's raw, and thin as a rail. He's a shot blocker and that's it right now... I'd MUCH rather Golden, the center Killeya-Jones from Kentucky, or even Quade to round out the class over this guy. I had been softening on the guy because there were no other options. Now that there are, I'd say a resounding NO thank you.

I can get on board with signing this guy weird thread with so many not wanting a 7 footer.

Probably redshirts but hes on the team in a 'break in case of emergency' role next year since Sidibe has injury issues and Paschal could go down. If Chukwu plays 2 more years you likely don't see this guy until he is a RS Soph with 2 years of practice/strength training under his belt and 3 years to play a lot. Why not.

I like that we are a D first team right now. Our enormous center is a big part of that. I like the skinny athletic guys who can cover a lot of ground and block anything. Its most likely that Sidibe will be a center by the time Paschal is gone (unless something bad happens i.e. injury or Paschal not using up his eligibility.) Again why not? I don't think people realize how good on D we are and how close we are to a UVA you only get to that level recruiting guys for our defensive system. We can't have a dominant zone long term if we just go after the most talented offensive guys willing to come here.

I can get on board with signing this guy weird thread with so many not wanting a 7 footer.

Probably redshirts but hes on the team in a 'break in case of emergency' role next year since Sidibe has injury issues and Paschal could go down. If Chukwu plays 2 more years you likely don't see this guy until he is a RS Soph with 2 years of practice/strength training under his belt and 3 years to play a lot. Why not.

I like that we are a D first team right now. Our enormous center is a big part of that. I like the skinny athletic guys who can cover a lot of ground and block anything. Its most likely that Sidibe will be a center by the time Paschal is gone (unless something bad happens i.e. injury or Paschal not using up his eligibility.) Again why not? I don't think people realize how good on D we are and how close we are to a UVA you only get to that level recruiting guys for our defensive system. We can't have a dominant zone long term if we just go after the most talented offensive guys willing to come here.
You're right, having a shot blocker is great in our zone, no doubt. BUT being seven feet tall does not make someone a basketball player. There is more to playing basketball than blocking shots, and that truly is the ONLY thing this guy demonstrated the ability to do this season.

Last edited:
Keita had 0 offensive skillset
Agreed... good response. I'd argue that BMK didn't give us much of anything until his senior year though. When there are other options available, I'd still pass.

Agreed... good response. I'd argue that BMK didn't give us much of anything until his senior year though. When there are other options available, I'd still pass.
Id go further and say that in no point in his career was Keita remotely a p5 offensive threat. Yet people on this board would defend his contributions as an orange to thee death.

Id go further and say that in no point in his career was Keita remotely a p5 offensive threat. Yet people on this board would defend his contributions as an orange to thee death.

BMK was also rated the 121st best recruit on 2 4 7 out of high school. Not that ratings mean everything but there's a big difference between him and Majak's close to 300 ranking (depending on what site you use). It's hard to speculate how a guy like him may work out. I think there are better options that's all. That said, if he suits up in Orange, I'll be Majur-ly pulling for him.

Osun Ossuniyi
What's the story here? I saw in the other thread that GMac started following him. But why all of a sudden are we interested in a LaSalle commit (new coach, I know)? This kid just a really late bloomer after a prep year?

Do not want...rather stick a forward if needed. PC and BS will handle just fine next year

Let's be honest Rick Jackson was really more of a power forward. Arinze was a monster and big enough to man the middle. I believe he was what 6"10?
The post to which I replied stated SU needed tall centers to succeed. Hence, I posted names (Arinze and Rak, a/k/a Rakeem Christmas) 2 smaller centers with whom SU has had success. I didn't list power forwards who played center.