Class of 2022 - C Max Allen (CA) Portal from Marist | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Max Allen (CA) Portal from Marist

Not great but he only played 22 mpg. Reb per 40 is close to 7 which isn’t good for a center but not too bad.
He got into foul trouble a lot. Big problem for a starter. No that concerning for a third string center.

He can score efficiently and pass. Okay rebounder and shot blocker.

He led Marist in scoring and was second team all conference in his first year of really playing. His frosh year at San Jose State he got hurt 8 games into the season. He is a grown man. 6’9 and 250 pounds.

Seems like someone who is well positioned to contribute, at least compared to a kid out of HS or out of Europe, who has never played college ball. If we get him, I will be happy.

Marist was one of the best defensive teams in the nation, i dont know what that pertains to Allen though.
Seems like a good sign. Marist finished 6th in the country in defensive efficiency %.

Mount St Mary’s finished 3rd. Helps confirm that Coach Englestad knows defense.

The two teams play in the same conference. So we have some really good insight from Coach W on this player. Mount St Mary’s played them twice last season.

He got into foul trouble a lot. Big problem for a starter. No that concerning for a third string center.

He can score efficiently and pass. Okay rebounder and shot blocker.

He led Marist in scoring and was second team all conference in his first year of really playing. His frosh year at San Jose State he got hurt 8 games into the season. He is a grown man. 6’9 and 250 pounds.

Seems like someone who is well positioned to contribute, at least compared to a kid out of HS or out of Europe, who has never played college ball. If we get him, I will be happy.
As bench big from my HS days, I always considered part of what I had to offer was being 5 spare fouls.

A foul can be a smart play if you do it at the right times and in the right way.

Looks like the kind of guy who has a really nice jr year at a mid major or A10 school and every high major wants him for his sr year. Below the rim or not kid can ball it looks and could be a sneaky good pickup as a jr that can be really solid sr year and compete for a starting spot.

Kid reminds a lot of a younger Oduro that we looked at who followed English to PC.

Interesting. This kid has a lot of potential but clearly some things that would probably prevent him from being a reliable backup on a P5 team. The fouls are a serious issue and he’s not a good rebounder for his size.

But if he’s agreeable to 10mpg he could be a nice bench weapon.

Interesting. This kid has a lot of potential but clearly some things that would probably prevent him from being a reliable backup on a P5 team. The fouls are a serious issue and he’s not a good rebounder for his size.

But if he’s agreeable to 10mpg he could be a nice bench weapon.

Give him a year in that role then a summer to develop into a much bigger role.

Looks like the kind of guy who has a really nice jr year at a mid major or A10 school and every high major wants him for his sr year. Below the rim or not kid can ball it looks and could be a sneaky good pickup as a jr that can be really solid sr year and compete for a starting spot.
Has some nice footwork near the basket and in the limited video, he has a nice touch outside around the free throw line.

Center depth that actually PLAYED IN GAMES and has an extra year? Seems like a no brainer to me if he wants to come.

I know. He has a 14% defensive rebounding rate though. Justin Taylor’s was 17%.
Where do you get these stats? Do you have a link?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom