Class of 2018 - C Moses Brown (NY) to UCLA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Moses Brown (NY) to UCLA

Explain that one. Sick watching these school waltz into the City and grab anyone they want
It's all about the $$$$ with schools like UK, Dook, and Kansas.

Cant blame the money when it appears we dont even allocate effort.

Cant blame the money when it appears we dont even allocate effort.
Do you not get it. When those kind of teams starting sniffing around it's time to back away and it's going to get dirty. SU doesn't need to get involved in that.

Do you not get it. When those kind of teams starting sniffing around it's time to back away and it's going to get dirty. SU doesn't need to get involved in that.
We’ve competed with all three for recruits right up until commitment multiple times over the last 3 years.

Have to play the game to win. We need to get back in game

We’ve competed with all three for recruits right up until commitment multiple times over the last 3 years.
Some of these recruits are wanting a contribution just to be considered.

But what if U of S is his Dream school?

At least orangefog and Capt Tuttle get it...a few others that don't, yikes.

(Deano, you seem like a good guy/poster, so this isnt aimed at you, but the countless hordes of others with you. And even to them, I dont want anyone of them to take it personally, being theyre just a speck in a large army I occasionally take Sniper]oops, that was the last thread I read, ha] shots at. I do care about folks, and that's why I am taking the extra time to write this).

If this is remotely true, where is the evidence? Why isnt the FBI all over them, now that theyve decied the best use of taxpayers'(thats you folks!) money is on college basketball instead of real crime? It's probably because the NSA can handle it now that they monitor all of our communications legally(assuming the FISA thing passes). Anyhow, I dont follow this as closely as I used to, so is there evidence, and if so why is it not acted upon now that even the government wants to get in on the play?

I like "conspiracy theories" more than the average Joe, but I generally get more into the ones where there is clear evidence laid out(oddly, many people ignore those with plenty of evidence too, plenty enough for a real investigation of 9/11, etc). If there isn't, then these mountains of posts read like sour grapes, and/or libel(not necessarily the legal definition, but either way you get the point).

People keep talking about a 3rd shooter for this season, and they mean on the perimeter, but I'd instead choose somebody like this down low that would likely ease life much more for the current guys on the outside. So there are my own sour grapes, focusing more on the coaching staff and what we can control, instead of raging about what we can't.

Last edited:
Lol...Moses was a pipe dream. In Frostys pipe.
Moses was a 7 footerish long before he started to rise in the rankings. That's when we should have been involved...not summer of senior year or later (like now). Another train that went by while we stayed home and complained about the traffic to the train station.

I agree. I wish we had a coaching staff that knew as much about this as us.
No ones that were not tending to the Olympics when this was happening.. See Scottie Lewis and Antone thread for where they visited that summer. COLGATE...Nobody home to offer them a tour while in Central NY.

(Deano, you seem like a good guy/poster, so this isnt aimed at you, but the countless hordes of others with you. And even to them, I dont want anyone of them to take it personally, being theyre just a speck in a large army I occasionally take Sniper]oops, that was the last thread I read, ha] shots at. I do care about folks, and that's why I am taking the extra time to write this).

If this is remotely true, where is the evidence? Why isnt the FBI all over them, now that theyve decied the best use of taxpayers'(thats you folks!) money is on college basketball instead of real crime? It's probably because the NSA can handle it now that they monitor all of our communications legally(assuming the FISA thing passes). Anyhow, I dont follow this as closely as I used to, so is there evidence, and if so why is it not acted upon now that even the government wants to get in on the play?

I like "conspiracy theories" more than the average Joe, but I generally get more into the ones where there is clear evidence laid out(oddly, many people ignore those with plenty of evidence too, plenty enough for a real investigation of 9/11, etc). If there isn't, then these mountains of posts read like sour grapes, and/or libel(not necessarily the legal definition, but either way you get the point).

People keep talking about a 3rd shooter for this season, and they mean on the perimeter, but I'd instead choose somebody like this down low that would likely ease life much more for the current guys on the outside. So there are my own sour grapes, focusing more on the coaching staff and what we can control, instead of raging about what we can't.
Money is part of big time athletics. Always has been. As far back as the late 50's early 60's Syracuse had boosters slipping money to players. (Read Dave Meggesey's (sp?) book).

It's when corporations start paying kids, or someone complains, that the NCAA or FBI get involved.

So let me this straight. UCLA come across country and plucks Big Men from our backyard? Please explain this to me