Class of 2018 - C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St

I really think Butler gives us more big plays but maybe not the consistency next year.. I think Moe gives us the same in Phillips spot if thats where he goes, maybe Johnson as well. Custis was the starter so who knows and there is about 5-6 guys trying to step in as well.. Hopefully better oline run blocking makes passing a bit easier next yr
Butler wont see the field if he doesnt start catching the ball.

The same people that said this kid wouldn't start until his redshirt Soph year are the same people that are saying he's going to start from day one! For future references, kids like this don't come to a school with a history of poor o-line play to wait to play. Nor will White, our tackles aren't that good either. At least the one that White will be replacing isn't.
It's a lot tougher to start at Tackle as a true freshman than Center (provided you can learn the line calls quickly).

I disagree that riley and/or neal can replace erv. Hope i am wrong though!
Neal absolutely can. I think he’s better served as a slot received anyways.

facepalm.gif
The doctor's office.

The guys he destroys on the camp circuit are guys that would step into our DL room and compete for a spot next season. If we had the luxury of RS him, thats almost always better... But I think he'll be the best C on the roster.

The issue is how much of the center issues are strength vs tech. Strength we know is an issue for almost the whole oline, how strong is he?

The issue is how much of the center issues are strength vs tech. Strength we know is an issue for almost the whole oline, how strong is he?

If it’s already an issue and this kid has better tech, what’s the difference? (I don’t know how he matches up with college players strength wise).

If it’s already an issue and this kid has better tech, what’s the difference? (I don’t know how he matches up with college players strength wise).

The hope is presumably arriving in January gives him the extra S&C winter prep that most freshman don't get. If Babers thinks he's ready to start, then let's go!

He's got video posted here as a sophomore cleaning 315x5 and looks effortless. Watch footage of him at the opening, he's competing against elite HS DT's, 4 and 5 stars who will be contributors next year, and he is rag-dolling them.

my math is rusty by 20x45 = 900.. how much does the sled weigh?
I count 22. Your point is still the same, and so is other point. It's not likely 2,000 lbs, but it is a lot. I could see the sled being over 200 lbs. I would guess he's pulling 1300 lbs.

Oh I thought the 2nd cart was fully loaded. Front cart has 20 plates back cart has 10 plates so 30 45lb plates. 1300ish lbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom