Class of 2020 - C Olivier Sarr - Transferring from Wake Forest | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Olivier Sarr - Transferring from Wake Forest

I thought the idea of a "student-athlete" was that you selected a SCHOOL to attend for 4 years, not a coach.

The NCAA left that territory a long time ago. And if the NCAA really thought of them as student athletes we’d already know that football was cancelled next year, given that most schools can’t even make a decision on the academic side of return to normal for the fall.

Absolutely should be though. Kid is playing one more year of college ball to try to improve for the draft and now that final year of development will be guided by um, “we’ll get back to you on that.”

And will it be someone that runs an offense that features the big man “well we’ll have to let you know on that too.”

And that is why you don’t commit to Wake Forest in the first place! Lol

If a coach is fired or leaves the players should have the right too freely do so as well. Kid just got royally screwed. Y’all just sound old and cranky with that b***sh** mentality. A kid doesn’t go to a school to play ball because of the damn school there’s so many factors besides just that and if you say coaching doesn’t have much factor you should probably not pay attention to the sport anymore.

Manning has been a walking dead man for the past three years. You go to play for him you take a VERY GOOD chance that he’s going to get fired. Anyone going to. Syracuse needs to understand that JB could be gone tomorrow. It’s a chance you take.

Nobody hates Buddy, I guess I see him as a nice young man that has some deficiencies in his game. If I'd point anything out about Buddy it would be his performance in the last 5 or 6 games in the season didn't show the growth I'd had hoped for in this young man. All said, that does not mean myself or anyone hates him. It just is an honest review of his strengths or deficiencies, or at least as I see and understand them.
I hope Buddy comes out gang busters next season and reaches his maximum potential, whatever that point is.
Exactly!!!! Just because fans don't like the way a player performs does not mean they do not like that player as a person.

If a coach is fired or leaves the players should have the right too freely do so as well. Kid just got royally screwed. Y’all just sound old and cranky with that b***sh** mentality. A kid doesn’t go to a school to play ball because of the damn school there’s so many factors besides just that and if you say coaching doesn’t have much factor you should probably not pay attention to the sport anymore.
Kids should have the right to leave freely, period.

Oliver.

Sarr.

1588513930629.png

Yeah, this guy. And this guy only.

Kids should have the right to leave freely, period.
they do. always have.
but leaving freely & leaving unencumbered are 2 different things. sarr obviously is free to leave, but it is up to others whether he can leave unencumbered
and before i hear the usual objections: the same is true of coaches, who commonly are encumbered by buyout clauses

Typically the NCAA won’t give a waiver to a kid if their coach gets fired. Olivier also said that he rather go to GLeague or Euro league than sit and he doesn’t have enough credits to graduate in 3 years...

Typically the NCAA won’t give a waiver to a kid if their coach gets fired. Olivier also said that he rather go to GLeague or Euro league than sit and he doesn’t have enough credits to graduate in 3 years...

...the irony being, that's EXACTLY the situation that the NCAA SHOULD grant such a waiver.

This kid is a game changer. I’m gonna be upset if he goes to a blue blood.

Boeheim needs to sell his soul for this one. Could get us very far in the tourney.

Oh heck who am I kidding. Probably has a suitcase full of cash on his doorstep right now courtesy of PayPal Cal.

Well I knew this was coming.

When will Duke and UK get investigated properly. So tired of their shenanigans.

This kid is a game changer. I’m gonna be upset if he goes to a blue blood.

Boeheim needs to sell his soul for this one. Could get us very far in the tourney.

Oh heck who am I kidding. Probably has a suitcase full of cash on his doorstep right now courtesy of PayPal Cal.
Who here thinks Cal uses Fedex? Amazon Prime somehow? No way he’s a UPS guy.
place-your-bet.jpg

This is a big insult to Danny Manning.
Sarr considered Manning to be family?
And Cal is the guy who replaces him?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom