Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

upload_2016-5-15_20-12-59.png

I'm sure NC State wants him because it will be the first time in the Mark Gottfried era they got a highly rated recruit who won't transfer

Well done. I knew there was a Gottfried joke somewhere in there but couldn't quite come up with it.

If he wants to play like he has previously said with high level competition and the choices are US ncst and Utah it will be us. Lydon chuckwu Roberson Coleman to compete against . You got potentially the best rebounder in the country along with one of the biggest centers and a future lottery pick to play against . Oh and a 5th year senior to also go against . If he wants competition it's at cuse he will get it.

If he wants to play like he has previously said with high level competition and the choices are US ncst and Utah it will be us. Lydon chuckwu Roberson Coleman to compete against . You got potentially the best rebounder in the country along with one of the biggest centers and a future lottery pick to play against . Oh and a 5th year senior to also go against . If he wants competition it's at cuse he will get it.
Absolutely true, because with NC State, he might not even have anyone to practice against.

Yep, this seems to come down whether he wants a competitive environment or an unlimited opportunity at playing time on a team that will not be very good.

The big thing is would the NCAA clear him for Syracuse? I'm very sceptical.

Looking at his film closely today, I agree with the assessment that he's skilled but very soft. He doesn't play to his size (looks like he has very small arms) but he has some of those Euro dude skills that SU players rarely possess (baby hook, some post moves to either shoulder and some ability to step out and shoot--his jumper is inconsistent though)

Yep, this seems to come down whether he wants a competitive environment or an unlimited opportunity at playing time on a team that will not be very good.

The big thing is would the NCAA clear him for Syracuse? I'm very sceptical.

Looking at his film closely today, I agree with the assessment that he's skilled but very soft. He doesn't play to his size (looks like he has very small arms) but he has some of those Euro dude skills that SU players rarely possess (baby hook, some post moves to either shoulder and some ability to step out and shoot--his jumper is inconsistent though)
The reason why I think we will land him is because of the competion level. He ain't leaving a place he feels isn't making him better, to go play on a 3rd or 4th rate team in North Carolina . It would defeat his whole purpose of leaving. Also I think he does get cleared .

cusetown1 you think he gets cleared just because there may be evidence that he didn't actually take the $300k out of the account? The account itself could be construed as a sign of professionalism. This is the NCAA and Syracuse we're talking about.
True, but I just don't see how it'd be a collected benefit he didn't spend any of it. But it is the NCAA lol.

cusetown1 you think he gets cleared just because there may be evidence that he didn't actually take the $300k out of the account? The account itself could be construed as a sign of professionalism. This is the NCAA and Syracuse we're talking about.

Obviously I hope he gets cleared if he comes here, but that's how I feel. Heck I just hope there isn't an 8 year investigation trying to show we put the money in the account! - I'm kidding about that - don't get any ideas, Emmert.

It is a recognized trick that teams over there use. Put $$ in a kids account and claim he took it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom