Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally he can redshirt next year because he'll probably need time to get up to game speed.

It wasn't a tear. It was a partial tear.

He opted to have PRP to treat it. The other option was to just let it heal naturally. I know a few baseball players who have used PRP to treat slow to heal injuries and it has worked really well.

He was at 205 in January. Hopes to be at 220 by the summer.

Great news. Thanks.

There’s clips in this thread from the previous year. Some practice, some practice scrimmages, some game footage. I know he loves to dunk but I’ve seen other skills in those other clips. Dribbling the length of the court, passing, jumpers right handed and even one left handed jumper. Turn around jumpers from 15 feet. Reverse dunks and other creative dunks. I like him, a lot.

I don't think I've seen any game footage, and I was looking for it on Twitter and YouTube yesterday. I'd love to see him defend the post, and I'd love to see what he can do when he's got a defender on him. I could see him be devastating running the break. No other big is going to keep up with him down the floor.

I don't think I've seen any game footage, and I was looking for it on Twitter and YouTube yesterday. I'd love to see him defend the post, and I'd love to see what he can do when he's got a defender on him. I could see him be devastating running the break. No other big is going to keep up with him down the floor.

The clips are in this thread in the earlier posts.

The clips are in this thread in the earlier posts.

I was looking for game clips, not practice clips. Must have missed them.

You're right, there are some highlights from actual games, but most of them are only a minute or two long.

Last edited:
Might take him another year to figure out how to play basketball again.

He seems like the prototypical “take a flyer and hope we hit a home run” type recruit. He’s really a mystery recruit. Could be a boom or bust.

There's no question that this kid is going to eventually be really good.

It's just a question of how long it takes for him to learn how to play defense at the college level without fouling all the time.

It took Seikaly 2 years, but then he was the best center in college basketball.

Pete's limbs are kinda skinny.
You gave him a boom or bust so basically 50/50. Not really giving an opinion on how he will be as an SU player. That's like saying he'll either be good or not.

I don't recall if Fab ever had game footage.. just that one shooting video. So hey that worked out..( somewhat)

Screw this, I'm planting the flag, Carey is gonna be a force from DAY ONE AMIGOS Y AMIGAS
Kev. In. Gar. Netttttt.

I‘m, like, ‘super pumped‘ to watch this kid blow up and become a Player of the Year candidate out of nowhere. He’s got a 50/50 shot at it. Either he will, or he won’t. That’s math. You can’t argue against the math….

Kev. In. Gar. Netttttt.

I‘m, like, ‘super pumped‘ to watch this kid blow up and become a Player of the Year candidate out of nowhere. He’s got a 50/50 shot at it. Either he will, or he won’t. That’s math. You can’t argue against the math….
As Stephen Marbury would say, that's factorial.

The weight stuff is overblown. Either you can play or you cannot. Ewing was 220 as a frosh, Sampson was 7'4 and I think 220 or less. and Holmgren is 190. It didn't seem to hinder them much on defense or the boards. This kid is strong...you can see it. If he doesn't play, it won't be because he doesn't weigh enough.

There's no question that this kid is going to eventually be really good.

It's just a question of how long it takes for him to learn how to play defense at the college level without fouling all the time.

It took Seikaly 2 years, but then he was the best center in college basketball.
It helped that Rony had DC with him his last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom