Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Here's my take on the situation: http://.com/ncaa-penalties-effectively-end-pursuit-of-thomas-bryant/
What would you do? You dont have to answer that but i know what i would do. I would gamble and go w 10 schollys knowing Jb only plays 8. Gotta be a tough choice for JB given he is running out of time to win NC #2

If Bryant wants to commit , they WILL find him a schollie. How? I bet the coaches already know how. We can only speculate how, they know.
Its a tough choice. You force 4 guys out to make room for TB. What if TB isnt ready to play much next yr the way Fab and Rock werent ready to play a lot as freshmen?? Coleman too

If Bryant wants to commit , they WILL find him a schollie. How? I bet the coaches already know how. We can only speculate how, they know.
What 4 do you force out? Its ugly

What 4 do you force out? Its ugly
It would come from the pool of:

Coleman (may be too injured to ever play again - he'd be the most likely, in my opinion)
Patterson
Johnson
Obokoh
Gbinije (scoff if you want, but remember: Eric Devendorf had another year of eligibility and was shown the door)
Joseph

I don't think it'll be Joseph. But any of Coleman/Patterson/Johnson/Obokoh, and possibly Gbinije, in some combination.

Coleman (may be too injured to ever play again - he'd be the most likely, in my opinion)
Patterson
Johnson
Obokoh
Gbinije (scoff if you want, but remember: Eric Devendorf had another year of eligibility and was shown the door)
Joseph

I don't think it'll be Joseph. But any of Coleman/Patterson/Johnson/Obokoh, and possibly Gbinije, in some combination.
Big changes next year indeed...

A big question mark here is Obokoh. He's the most obvious player to encourage to transfer, yet he's close friends with Bryant. Would Bryant really come here after we push his friend out the door?

Patterson
Johnson
Obokoh
Joseph

Yep, but we need G more than TB imo, next yr anyway. To me it would have to be RP, BJ, CO and DC. If JB forced those 4 out hed be slaughtered by the media. Not worth it imo, not happenin. Who knows DC could be real good next yr

Yep, but we need G more than TB imo, next yr anyway. To me it would have to be RP, BJ, CO and DC. If JB forced those 4 out hed be slaughtered by the media. Not worth it imo, not happenin. Who knows DC could be real good next yr
Or he could rescind a freshman scholly instead of DC. Either way its ugly

But by the time the ncaa rules again and reduces, TB will have already chosen another school
...and also likely finished his academic eligibility, professional career, and proudly watching his son play high school ball.

I hope there's been a misinterpretation. I don't see how Waters got from A to B. Why would Bryant need a waiver for reduction if we were already over 10 and decided to postpone?

Second thing we would need is no IU commitment this weekend. Hope he wouldn't decide without knowing everything. I can't expect him to wait for appeal though, especially if a lawsuit is involved.

So we appeal and that delays the imposition of penalties. During that time one player leaves, Bryant commits and signs a LOI. NCAA may not like it, but Syracuse is fully within its rights to do so.

Patterson
Johnson
Obokoh
Joseph

Mike g wont be shown the door. Jeez. Some of the stuff on here...

Mike g wont be shown the door. Jeez. Some of the stuff on here...
I didn't say he will. I've actually posted several times saying that I don't think he will. But it's not quite the foregone conclusion that it was 2 days ago. Good lord.

I didn't say he will. I've actually posted several times saying that I don't think he will. But it's not quite the foregone conclusion that it was 2 days ago. Good lord.

If he leaves, itll be on his own accord. You saying its possible he will be shown the door is nonsensical especially since hes a jr and we can delay the scholarship reduction.

If he leaves, itll be on his own accord. You saying its possible he will be shown the door is nonsensical especially since hes a jr and we can delay the scholarship reduction.
It WOULD be possible. I didn't say it's likely. But it's not unprecedented for a guy with junior eligibility being shown the door. Devendorf springs to mind.

Again, I'm not saying I think it would ever happen. But it's not outside the realm of possibility. Settle down, dude. I guess the fact you're deciding to come at ME over this means you've missed or skipped the MANY posts over the last couple weeks talking about Gbinije possibly not being back next year, with some people hinting that he may not be able to come back. But sure, it's just me bringing this up, finally, when we're looking for ways to possibly free up scholarships. Give me a break.

Indiana has 13 players coming back and 2 commits already (both 6'8" forwards). How do they plan on fitting Bryant? And what is Crean saying to Maker/Bryant this weekend, since its highly unlikely they both can come? Can't see how they would be the frontrunner.

Indiana has 13 players coming back and 2 commits already (both 6'8" forwards). How do they plan on fitting Bryant? And what is Crean saying to Maker/Bryant this weekend, since its highly unlikely they both can come? Can't see how they would be the frontrunner.
Crean has no conscience about throwing players overboard to clear space. Ask Patterson.

If waiters is indeed right about that grandfathering issue and signing Bryant then makes us need to get down to 10 shcolorships this year, then I believe this is what will happen. I believe the University will appeal (this is a given and will happen, Im just saying this is the next step), but this will delay everything from going into effect and until the appeal is settled, nothing can be enforced (this is assumed because its an appeal, its like when an NFL player appeals his suspension and is allowed to play until his appeal is heard), at which point we will be able to sign Bryant and he will be grandfathered like the other 4. Just a personal guess, but I don't think we stay at 3 scholarships a year, I think it gets reduced to 2 or maybe even 2,1,2,1 but no way it stays at 3,3,3,3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom