Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

This thread has turned to straight dookie. Sorry guys was just trying to drum up some recruiting convo. I think we have been isolated too long :p

Not sure if this is his mom or not but she just shared this. Billy not looking so hot.

Oh Billy...I really hope this is life that has been figured out. Unequivocally Billy was Most important to 2003 championship. Team was absolutely ready to come apart and Billy was
Key to bringing everyone together. The behind the scenes stuff is never told but Billy was HUGE!

Too late - already signed with DePauw - for golf!

Q1.jpg

I believe about half the offer lists I read...look at his list in the article...a 2020 kid like him is waiting for what exactly? Maryland and FSU are legit. Why not sign?

As dominoes topple, other prospects rise in the pecking order.

I wonder if teams are taking a closer look, now that other prospects are off the table, and they like this kid's potential as an alterantive.

I find it hilarious when people get mad that someone comments back at what they said in a... wait for it... PUBLIC forum. None of you are more important than the rest of anyone so swallow your own dirt and move along.

Well supposedly we are in talks with Quincy. So most of the info I've posted has been correct on this one. Not sure how interested we actually are but the staff has been in touch.

How good of an athlete is he?

Kid looks massive, and seems to move pretty well for a guy so big.

Not sure that bringing in a class of 2020 big is a huge need [given that I don't see evidence that this guy is "better" than Ajak / Edwards], but he is an intriguing project / prospect.

How good of an athlete is he?

Kid looks massive, and seems to move pretty well for a guy so big.

Not sure that bringing in a class of 2020 big is a huge need [given that I don't see evidence that this guy is "better" than Ajak / Edwards], but he is an intriguing project / prospect.
I’m pretty sure we aren’t getting Mac and Clingan is a 2022. I really think the staff is going to try to mix and match the 5 for the next few years with Edwards/JBA and either another high potential project or a grad transfer. We haven’t been linked with many 21/22 bigs besides Mac and Clingan

Well supposedly we are in talks with Quincy. So most of the info I've posted has been correct on this one. Not sure how interested we actually are but the staff has been in touch.
how do you know that?
the staff is not allowed to talk about any recruit until they have a signed loi, so almost all recruiting info comes from the recruits themselves. and much of it is bs

I’m wary when a guy is completely unheralded in April with such offers as Missouri State and then all of a sudden Maryland or FSU offerS while absolutely no basketball is being played. Coach has been unreal at finding unrisen stars over the years but isn’t on a kid from Henniger? Something seems off is all.
Could be a late bloomer. This stuff happens all the time

how do you know that?
the staff is not allowed to talk about any recruit until they have a signed loi, so almost all recruiting info comes from the recruits themselves. and much of it is bs
We have reached out. That's all Im saying. Its not my info to share although I already posted last night that we had talked with him before someone else mentioned it so I'm not sure it really matters at this point. Maybe it means nothing who knows? The kid is saying hes making a decision very soon anyways so we would be late to the party regardless.

In this day and age, having early contact could certainly help down the road. He has the potential to be a good candidate as a grad transfer. Spend his last year in the big time near home.

sez who?
I'm not doing that out of respect to the person who shared the info. But like I said earlier, I mentioned last night we had reached out. This individual shared more info on him today and he would definitely know so I believe it. Not sure why u are reaching so bad for it. Take the info or dismiss it idc? It might not even go anywhere anyways but we have made contact.

I think the development of JBA is not going well or needs at least another year.

JBA was always a development player, he didn't start in HS and came to the game relatively late.

If he was close last year we would have RSed Edwards who is skilled but needs to add weight.

If he was close this year we would not be in the market for a big.

Haarms is 250lbs and still thin, Edwards is listed at 215lbs he needs to get to the 240-250lbs range to compete.

I would prefer Haarms or Morgan, but Ballard isn't a guy we should pass on.

He did dunk from the foul line so the raw athleticism is there the staff has to coach him up.

I don't want to see Marek at the 5 next year.

He's not coming here.
Your probably spot on but they are going to talk to him and his mom. Supposedly there are people that have been around the program before that have been on the coaches for awhile wondering why they havent recruited this kid. Some think highly of him.

our issue at center is not all about talent. You either need a high end motor or size to play center in the zone. We have been ending up with under sized guys by an order of magnitude and thats been a killer.. Marek at 20-30 lbs would be ok in there. Even edwards last yr at 30 more lbs would have been ok. who was the last center we had with decent bulk? Look at what Forth as able to do and he wasnt a high end kid.

We need one center with some bulk to compete with these teams and not 2-3 kids who are skinny PFwd types trying to play center.. Sadibe and another 230 lb kid would work out.