Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Tell me about Frank's practice habits? How do you know he deserved more minutes? I liked Frank as much as anyone else but some people act like Danny Schayes was the backup.
The problem with Frank and many African players in general is they don't grow up playing basketball, it's all soccer over there. They learn defense fast and are good at that, but offensive skills take a long time to master. Most guys in the US and even in Europe have been throwing a ball at the hoop from 4 or 5 years old and they have had real coaching along the way. That's a lot to make up in a short span of time.

It could be me but frank at the four sounds like a terrible idea. Where is he going to stand on offense? Out of bounds? He would only clog the middle for jesse. I dont get that argument at all.
I think Jesse and Frank could coexist in a high/low, with Jesse operating out of the high post.

I just dont see that as effective offense.
Maybe it wouldn't be. I think Jesse has the skills to make it work and Frank can catch and put the ball in. I lack the confidence in the coaching staff to properly teach the players to execute.

He left because of Jesse, yes, but more importantly he left because of all the time Jimmy was given at the 5 instead of Frank. Frank could have played significantly more minutes last year, but it would have cut into Jimmy's time.

All the time?

That’s not why he left.

I think Jesse and Frank could coexist in a high/low, with Jesse operating out of the high post.
Frank does not have enough ball skills, dribble, passing or shooting. If you had a Lydon, Marek it would work.

Frank does not have enough ball skills, dribble, passing or shooting. If you had a Lydon, Marek it would work.
Low post needs few skills other than catch near the basket and go up and dunk.

Is that a promise in the same way he promised Fab he'd start his freshman year?

It would be hilarious if we open the game in m2m for one possession, or until the other team scored and then JAB throws a hissy fit and switches to zone for the rest of the game.
These are mutually exclusive :p

Tell me about Frank's practice habits? How do you know he deserved more minutes? I liked Frank as much as anyone else but some people act like Danny Schayes was the backup.

Which guy got 16 rebounds in one game?

It could be me but frank at the four sounds like a terrible idea. Where is he going to stand on offense? Out of bounds? He would only clog the middle for jesse. I dont get that argument at all.

Frank playing the 5 instead of Jimmy playing the 5. You did watch last year, right?
Jimmy played a lot more time at the 5 than almost all of us would like to have seen.

Frank playing the 5 instead of Jimmy playing the 5. You did watch last year, right?
Jimmy played a lot more time at the 5 than almost all of us would like to have seen.

How many total minutes do you think jimmy played at the 5? I recall the wake game. Agree it was dumb. But id bet jimmy average less than 2 mpg at the 5 and think he played at the 5 less than 5 games total. Thats total guesses but i dont recall significant time at the 5 thats makes this a material point.