Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

Taking this kid is going to allow us to trade the dead weight on this team to another team that is looking to reduce payroll. Just like the NBA
Who is the 'dead weight' and how does Patterson's entry into the program allow us to dispense with them?

Hey, Carey does cool trick dunks in warmups, so he has so much potential even though virtually nobody here has ever seen him play a basketball game!
And always injured. Great omen

Roster management has just been bad, and thats being kind. I hope they are still planning on going out and hitting the portal for a transfer center and a plug and play 2/3 cuz they'll need them if they want to making the NCAAs next year. Its so embarrassing how far this program has fallen. Instead of fighting for a 3 or 4 seed we are begging for someone to make a huge jump so that we can squeeze into the NCAA tournament.

I still somewhat, trust the staff's evaluation skills- & I'm certainly not gonna punch down on a kid I've never seen play.
That being said...the bigger issue for me is that this indicates our resident HOF'ER has no serious intent on hanging them up. Which means more of the same. And frankly, that sucks. Jmho

Roster
PG- Mintz, Torrence, Copeland
SG- Transfer, Taylor, Copeland
SF- Adams or Transfer, Bell, Copeland
PF- Brown or Transfer, Carey, JBA
C- Edwards or Transfer, Hima, Williams (redshirt)

We need a 2G who can shoot, drive and is bigger up top. Taylor is going to be very good but would bring in a stud to pair with Judah next year who Taylor can spell. If Edwards moves on we will need a transfer. Just throwing it out for disucsison

Also, believe Mintz leaves if he's projected anywhere in top 40.

I mean he has been…

Wouldn't NIL have been a possibility here? How much could he possibly make overseas - $200K?
Adam could pay him more than that to come back.
Except Coach says that our guy doesn't pay anybody.

A few of you have said it best Scott11 RF2044 that he has some tools but the issue is, everyone thinks every person we recruit is under the lights to be the star. When cuse had the depth over the years, they filled the roster with guys like this. It’s not fair to continue to expect stars right away. Everyone is a project in some sort, but the key is right now bc the recruiting has been so down, you don’t get excited about a player like this even though the coaches see something

This kid doesn't even have a rating, as far as I can tell.

11?

The scholarship limit for NCAA men’s basketball teams is 13. Plus Syracuse usually rolls with 3 or 4 walk ons.

I can't remember the last time we had that many scholarship players. He seldom uses them all.

You can't have 4 centers on an 11 man roster.
Ok, if Carey is the reserve 4 emergency 5 does that make any sense. Last Summer most people thought Brown would not be a factor. Until the players play we do not know anything and even after we see them we do not know a lot.

I can't remember the last time we had that many scholarship players. He seldom uses them all.
JB has 12 players on scholarship this year. Had 11 last year. Had 12 the year before.

That does not count walk ons who sometimes get an open scholarship as their reward for being the best walk on.

With the portal and immediate transfers, the game has changed. This puts a premium on filling out your roster as fully as possible to protect against possible massive losses. It is a different world.

Your eleven number is wrong.. Period.

Roster
PG- Mintz, Torrence, Copeland
SG- Transfer, Taylor, Copeland
SF- Adams or Transfer, Bell, Copeland
PF- Brown or Transfer, Carey, JBA
C- Edwards or Transfer, Hima, Williams (redshirt)

We need a 2G who can shoot, drive and is bigger up top. Taylor is going to be very good but would bring in a stud to pair with Judah next year who Taylor can spell. If Edwards moves on we will need a transfer. Just throwing it out for disucsison
Taylor starts at the 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom