Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

So not a lot on him. Why did we offer? I know he is 7'. Skilled?

Just so we're clear.

We're not recruiting William Peterson

WilliamPetersen.jpg

So not a lot on him. Why did we offer? I know he is 7'. Skilled?
I didn’t find much either. To answer the “why” question, I’m afraid the staff is desperate now because there’s a very real scenario where Jesse graduates, Carey transfers due to lack of PT etc, and Mounir is our only center. Estrella is going to Tenn.

Not saying this kid isn’t good - no idea.

“Patterson is still fairly raw, but you can’t teach his size or his mobility, he is a factor defensively thanks to his length and timing. He can score around the rim, but he will need to get stronger and more aggressive in order to maximize his potential. Once he does that, he will cement himself as a truly elite member in the class of 2023.” - Ian Finnen

Nycprospects.com has him as a top NYC prospect. Looked like another site had him Top NYS prospect but it was locked.

Looks like not a lot from national analysts. Not ranked.

Most evaluations are local NYC pages with subscription walls.

Fairly raw is an understatement. And validates lack of adequate backup plans
Griff has proved he can develop projects. If we have to take a center to fill in next year and start so be it.. I’d bet on the futures of hima and Carey

JB tells JP he wants all players on the floor to be able to shoot. Now he offers a big who has range out to one foot. Does he really know how he wants his offense to play?

We have done very well with Rim protecting rebounders in the paint. If most of the six frosh stay and we add this kid and one from the portal we are in good shape. I want to make sure we keep Carey and Cop hope that they are groomed to start in a year when Jesse and Joe and Symir depart. JP is really good and would have been a good player for us but he went for the money and now we move on. Note to Jim. If this kid visits two slices with any topping and a large soda.

JB tells JP he wants all players on the floor to be able to shoot. Now he offers a big who has range out to one foot. Does he really know how he wants his offense to play?
You get the best players you can and work to their strengths. If you aren’t Duke, North Carolina, etc., that’s how it has always been. John Thompson recruited to a system. It worked for him. That has never been us.