Cal QB, yuck | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cal QB, yuck

Rene would be find in a different system, but he clearly isn't an in between the tackles type guy hell Graham looks a lot like the running backs at Oregon. You could come up with another guy other than Bailey, in theory PTG would be healthy and use him

Why does he have to be used "between the tackles"? He can be sent in motion or sweeps or run a draw with him out of the shotgun. There are lots of things a guy like him can do while giving the main RB a break. So, again, I'm only talking about 2-3 plays in a row here before you trot out AAM or Smith or even Harris.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, it's not the scheme that holds us back, it's the tempo with which it is run. We're only getting off 60-65 plays per game on offense when we should be getting 80. I bet that if you took our current offense and went no-huddle for one possession each quarter, the numbers would go up dramatically.
This kind of reminds me of what Brian Kelly said when he took over UC. When asked if it woudl take a while for the players to learn his offense vs the Mark Dantonio offense they were used to Kelly said "My offense and Dantonio's offense isn't that different. We both have the same plays. I'll just call different plays and a lot more of them." Scheme is fine, its the play calling that needs improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom