Calhoun breaks Hip | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Calhoun breaks Hip

What a shame. Especially considering he was hurt raising money to fight cancer. Best wishes to him for a full and speedy recovery.

Hate the guy but love to hate him/respect the hell out of him.

Will miss playing games against his teams more than any other thing next year when Syracuse is no longer in the BE. It will be awful if he is in a wheel chair or not on the bench at all when SU plays UConn for the last time in regular season play in the winter. I assume that game will be played in Hartford...might have to make my first basketball road trip to Connecticut to see that one.
I'm pretty sure when he broke his ribs a few years ago it was raising money for cancer. Last night was just a normal bike ride a few hours before that UConn All-Star game thing at Moeghan Sun (which was to raise money for charity)

Pfft. Gimme a break (no pun intended). My great uncle broke his hip last fall and had total hip replacement surgery at the age of 82. He was happy as hell that he broke it the fall so that his recovery time would be throughout the winter and spring and wouldnt cut into this year's golf season. He's back on the links.
What?

I think he needs to "hang 'em up" and focus on his health. He, seems, to have had a lot of health problems recently. No need to kill yourself over basketball.

Yeah I hope he doesn't try to come back if he's not healthy enough just to please any idiots that might say he bailed because of the NCAA ban, even thought it's obviously a health situation.. He is definitely getting to the point where it seems like he needs to focus on his health.

Calhoun belongs in a Final Destination movie

So let's be clear here. Nobody is laughing that an awful thing happened to Calhoun. At least in my case I chuckled because of the completely ridiculous idea that his injury came about because of a crazy Syracuse fan. Those are very different things. If to some anything related to Calhoun's misfortune is out of bounds I can see the perspective but it isn't my own when the comment made is clearly absurd.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Did not know he was riding to raise money for cancer. Hopefully the people making jokes feel even more like asses now with that knowledge.

Wear some padding on your hips when you are riding a horse that high...

Wear some padding on your hips when you are riding a horse that high...
Really? It's riding a high horse when thinking it's inappropriate to make light of a 70 year old cancer survivor who was seriously injured while trying to raise money for cancer research?

Put it this way: if this had happened to JB and any other school was making these comments, I'm sure you wouldn't find said comments funny.

Pfft. Gimme a break (no pun intended). My great uncle broke his hip last fall and had total hip replacement surgery at the age of 82. He was happy as hell that he broke it the fall so that his recovery time would be throughout the winter and spring and wouldnt cut into this year's golf season. He's back on the links.

I think your logic here is flawless. Based on your sample size of one, I am now medically certain that an elderly person breaking their hip is not a big deal.

A "normal" hip fracture is really not a huge deal. I know several people in their 70s that have had hip replacments and were walking within two weeks with little to no support. If you have fragile bones, which I think Calhoun may have because of his cancer treatments, then it may be a different ballgame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom