Cam Jordan gone! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cam Jordan gone!

Besides Taj no other outside Wr has done anything. I hope Ed stays healthy and gives us what we thought he would give us coming out of HS. . Cam hasnt shown me anything in particular that tells me he was gonna have a big year bu twith his size, years learning the system and playing specs who knows what he could have done this year. I felt the same about Custis going into his senior year.

Hendrix was listed #2 on the spring DC. That's pretty good for a kid who hasn't played for 2 years. Either our depth is that bad or Hendrix is that good. Probably a little bit of both and Cam was the senior tenured kid (R-JR), but I also think Hendrix might be that good.

I would've hoped Cam had a monster breakout type season but I wasn't counting on it. There's been a lot of opportunity to break in and he hadn't done it yet.

1583678801167.png

I would've hoped Cam had a monster breakout type season but I wasn't counting on it. There's been a lot of opportunity to break in and he hadn't done it yet.

That's kinda sums up that 2017 WR class, other than Nykeim's 2018 season. They really haven't seen the field much at all in 3 years. Talking about Cam, Sharod, RTB.

Hate losing players, but hard for me to think what could have been about something that never was.

Oh, the guy who hasn't managed to stay healthy for a single game in 2 years. Sounds perfect. He was the 1 actual Top 100 WR recruit we've managed though so who knows. He probably is more talented than Jordan but to think it's not a loss is ridiculous. Guy was possibly starting and one of a few WRs that has any experience whatsoever. Sure wish Jackson was still around.

Hendrix was listed 2nd on the pre-spring depth chart so he's clearly a go.

That game he came in for I would say Harris I thought he did a great job for little playing time. He shoulda got more than what he did I think anyways. Great specials too.

I thought he looked good to. Caught two passes and blocked well.

That's kinda sums up that 2017 WR class, other than Nykeim's 2018 season. They really haven't seen the field much at all in 3 years. Talking about Cam, Sharod, RTB.

Hate losing players, but hard for me to think what could have been about something that never was.

I'm really worried about the group to be honest. Some huge misses on the recruiting trail (Kentron Poitier). Queeley and Sharod might be career backups. The strength is in the slot with Nykiem and Courtney Jackson. They're putting 2 of the incoming frosh at WR in Trebo Pena (6-0 185) and Justin Barron (6-4 208). That's 4 true freshman WRs with JaVonte Williams (6-0 203) and Alford (6-5 210). Williams enrolled in January at least.

REALLY need to bring in a blue chip kid this class.

12Russell Thompson-BishopWR6-1234R-Jr.Bloomfield, Conn. / Bloomfield
14Anthony QueeleyWR6-2193R-So.Orlando, Fla. / Lake Nona
18Ed HendrixWR6-3220R-So.Washington, D.C. / H.D. Woodson
19Sharod JohnsonWR5-11181R-Jr.Miami, Fla. / Booker T. Washington
20Ethan FischlerWR6-0182R-So.Orinda, Calif. / Miramonte
29Trebor PenaWR6-0185Fr.Ocean Township, N.J. / Ocean Township
35Damien AlfordWR6-5210Fr.Montreal, Quebec, Canada / McArthur (Fla.)
80Taj HarrisWR6-2164Jr.Beverly, N.J. / Palmyra
81Justin BarronWR6-4208Fr.Rocky Hill, Conn. / Suffield Academy
82Nykeim JohnsonWR5-8170Sr.Washington, D.C. / Friendship Academy
83Sam WarrenWR5-11202R-Fr.Tiburon, Calif. / Redwood
84Nate WellingtonWR5-10190R-Fr.Skaneateles, N.Y. / Skaneateles
85Courtney JacksonWR5-10173R-Fr.Monroeville, Pa. / Gateway
86Ja'Vontae WilliamsWR6-0203Fr.Belle Glade, Fla. / Glades Central

I'm really worried about the group to be honest. Some huge misses on the recruiting trail (Kentron Poitier). Queeley and Sharod might be career backups. The strength is in the slot with Nykiem and Courtney Jackson. They're putting 2 of the incoming frosh at WR in Trebo Pena (6-0 185) and Justin Barron (6-4 208). That's 4 true freshman WRs with JaVonte Williams (6-0 203) and Alford (6-5 210). Williams enrolled in January at least.

REALLY need to bring in a blue chip kid this class.
This is the sort of situation that develops when we have lottery ticket recruiting for the most part. We think every kid we get is underrated and we have coaches with a better eye for talent then everyone else. Pretty tough to sustain anything with no sure things or at least higher likelihood of success with higher rated kids. Thank god for the transfers AET & TJ. Would be real ugly without them. It's actually bizarre that the staff hasn't been able to bring in a single true difference maker from the high school ranks on offense but has multiple hits on defense.

Last edited:
Hendrix was listed #2 on the spring DC. That's pretty good for a kid who hasn't played for 2 years. Either our depth is that bad or Hendrix is that good. Probably a little bit of both and Cam was the senior tenured kid (R-JR), but I also think Hendrix might be that good.

View attachment 184862
I definitely wasnt counting on Cam. He hasn’t shown anything special but we also don’t know how Cam was progressing this off season and we don’t know if Hendrix will stay healthy. That’s all I’m saying. Queeley hasn’t touch the field. I like Hendrix potentially more than anyone. I think most of us had him penciled in as a starter by his second year.

Oh, the guy who hasn't managed to stay healthy for a single game in 2 years. Sounds perfect. He was the 1 actual Top 100 WR recruit we've managed though so who knows. He probably is more talented than Jordan but to think it's not a loss is ridiculous. Guy was possibly starting and one of a few WRs that has any experience whatsoever. Sure wish Jackson was still around.
Not a shoe in starter by any means but would have liked to see him compete for a spot

This is the sort of situation that develops when we have lottery ticket recruiting for the most part. We think every kid we get is underrated and we have coaches with a better eye for talent then everyone else. Pretty tough to sustain anything with no sure things or at least higher likelihood of success with higher rated kids. Thank god for the transfers AET & TJ. Would be real ugly without them. It's actually bizarre that the staff hasn't been able to bring in a single true difference maker from the high school ranks on offense but has multiple hits on defense.

The O line problems from last year hurt is getting a transfer this year for sure , we needed one . WRs probably don’t trust the o line but I do this year ( injury free )

Not a shoe in starter by any means but would have liked to see him compete for a spot
It’s a security thing. I’m not worried too much. Just would have been nice to have another 6’3 body in case people got hurt or the young Wr’s are struggling adjusting to the speed of the game and complexity of the offense.

I believe based on the rules the NCAA passed if Jackson wanted to come back he could.
Doubt he would though.

I believe based on the rules the NCAA passed if Jackson wanted to come back he could.
Doubt he would though.
What rules are you referring to? With all the undrafted free agents we see getting cut w/o even getting a chance to compete, he might unfortunately be next.

I’m afraid unless players got hurt or retired recently how do you not cut the FA ?
If you have to trim the roster by 10 ? I assume if and when the season starts they would sign to the practice squad? But let’s take TJ for example undrafted if he came back and played could improve his stock next year . Problem being the same reason that didn’t afford him the chance to compete
Would deter him from coming back the MOTHER F virus !! . If college , pro football is going to panic or have mass players shut down from positive test then this season
Will be short and pointless. I don’t know the economic tragedy numbers for college but each NFL team will lose on average of 500 million just from not having home games times 32 teams the cowboys $950 million!!
Not to mention lost tv money , vendors , hotels , Uber , restaurants, gambling, super bowl , food , parties , heck even the hookers lol . Security , police , espn jobs , reporters ,
Make up people, parking lots , buses , airlines , airports , apparel , food suppliers ,
Maids , bell men , sure I missed a lot this will be the straw that breaks the economy. Has to be a trillion dollar loss . Breaks our spirit! Football not baseball is the American pastime! The side effects from this virus will kill more than the virus.
I hope they are working on a home pregnancy type test for the virus. Imagine mailing out 3 to every person ? You pee or use saliva and it’s positive or negative? You take 2 test 3/4 days apart and if your positive stay home until your negative. Virus over , game over Thaaaaaaaaa people win thaaaaaaa people winnnnnnn !

and I thought the system was supposed to attract receivers and be a little bit of plug and play? Haven't seen either.

But, but I read here so often that the rankings are tremendously biased and, for the most part, not worth a darn. Moreover, how our guys being dissed so much relative to their ranking, etc. will have such 'chips on their shoulders' that just wait & see how they'll show everyone how wrong those pundits were! ;):)

Last edited:
I’m afraid unless players got hurt or retired recently how do you not cut the FA ?
If you have to trim the roster by 10 ? I assume if and when the season starts they would sign to the practice squad? But let’s take TJ for example undrafted if he came back and played could improve his stock next year . Problem being the same reason that didn’t afford him the chance to compete
Would deter him from coming back the MOTHER F virus !! . If college , pro football is going to panic or have mass players shut down from positive test then this season
Will be short and pointless. I don’t know the economic tragedy numbers for college but each NFL team will lose on average of 500 million just from not having home games times 32 teams the cowboys $950 million!!
Not to mention lost tv money , vendors , hotels , Uber , restaurants, gambling, super bowl , food , parties , heck even the hookers lol . Security , police , espn jobs , reporters ,
Make up people, parking lots , buses , airlines , airports , apparel , food suppliers ,
Maids , bell men , sure I missed a lot this will be the straw that breaks the economy. Has to be a trillion dollar loss . Breaks our spirit! Football not baseball is the American pastime! The side effects from this virus will kill more than the virus.
I hope they are working on a home pregnancy type test for the virus. Imagine mailing out 3 to every person ? You pee or use saliva and it’s positive or negative? You take 2 test 3/4 days apart and if your positive stay home until your negative. Virus over , game over Thaaaaaaaaa people win thaaaaaaa people winnnnnnn !
Somehow people survived before sports became the economic giant they have become, and that was only a generation ago. If lost revenue in pro sports really impacts the economy to the point that people are dying, the foundation of the economy was really weak to begin with. All of the money spent on sports is disposable income. People will find ways to spend it elsewhere for the time being, and that is where the jobs/economy will be. Until side effects of the virus literally kill 200,000 people we will not be able to say it is worse than the virus.

Idiots (spectators and players) need to wear masks, stay away from crowds, and wash their friggin hands and some of the things we enjoy can be preserved, at least on TV.

Somehow people survived before sports became the economic giant they have become, and that was only a generation ago. If lost revenue in pro sports really impacts the economy to the point that people are dying, the foundation of the economy was really weak to begin with. All of the money spent on sports is disposable income. People will find ways to spend it elsewhere for the time being, and that is where the jobs/economy will be. Until side effects of the virus literally kill 200,000 people we will not be able to say it is worse than the virus.

Idiots (spectators and players) need to wear masks, stay away from crowds, and wash their friggin hands and some of the things we enjoy can be preserved, at least on TV.

All that disposable income are paying for people to put food on their table; and we're not talking about the fraction of people getting rich. Sports is estimated to contribute 70+ billion dollars to the economy. I don't know how you measure the jobs impacted but it has to be upwards of a million or more and how do you measure the supplier losses? everything from concessions to tape. The trickle down is immense.

All that disposable income are paying for people to put food on their table; and we're not talking about the fraction of people getting rich. Sports is estimated to contribute 70+ billion dollars to the economy. I don't know how you measure the jobs impacted but it has to be upwards of a million or more and how do you measure the supplier losses? everything from concessions to tape. The trickle down is immense.
Not all that disposable income is going toward necessities. Many people are back at their normal jobs, even if it is remotely. There are lots of industries that have come and gone, many permanantly. The sports industry is a blip compared to all the manufacturing that has left the country (the auto industry once accounted for 1/3 of the jobs in country when trickle down was considered). How many of the sports jobs are seasonal? No sports league runs year round. Unlike the lost manufacturing, most of the sports related losses will be temporary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom